So, I went for my second beta on Thurs, Jan 14, as my day-long meeting at work was canceled (due to our office being in major disaster response mode to the Haiti earthquake). I was so glad it was canceled--I didn't want to have the test on Friday and have to wait all weekend for the results! I waited on pins and needles all morning to hear from my nurse... She called with my results that afternoon-- second beta, which was about 46 hours from the first was (drum roll please..........) 2,404!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It tripled in less than 2 days!!!!!! They want it to at least double in 24 hours, so she said that was very good! My doc said that was excellent! I asked her if that was any indicator of multiples (I've read conflicting reports on whether or not it is). She said she didn't know, and didn't have a chance to ask the doctor...
My first official appointment with the doc is in 2 weeks- Thurs, Jan 28 at 3pm. I will have a vaginal ultrasound that day. I talked to my doc for a few minutes at my second beta, and he congratulated me, and asked a few questions. He said that the first beta was a good number for 16dpo, and we'd take a look when I'm at 6-7 weeks to "see what's in there". So exciting!!!! Now the L-O-N-G wait begins...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment