Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

January 24, 2010

Trying to Conceive...

We officially started our journey of ttc in March 2009. As is with many couples, we wondered if it would happen right away, or would we be forced to endure months and years of disappointment? We did all that we could in our efforts-- I kept track of my basal body temp, charted my cycles, and we "did the deed" at the right times... We had a few months of thinking, "this is it-- this is the month!" but sadly, we were wrong. Bryan decided in the summer of 2009, after a devastating loss in court, and our kids being allowed to move with their mom, to go back to work overseas. He left at the end of July and came home at the beginning of October. So, there went 2 precious months of ttc. But, he got home and we just went back to trying! We hoped to get our big fat positive (bfp) while we were on a quick vacation to Nassau, Bahamas. What a disappointment that was... Then, would we be so fortunate to get a Christmas surprise?! Nope.... I had been going for acupuncture, we had both been taking our vitamins, and at Christmas time, I got off caffeine completely. We also discovered something we thought we'd try-- a conception cup. (www.conceptionkit.com) Bryan had his one and only semen analysis in October and it came back with low results. I wasn't too put off by it, with the thought that "it only takes ONE!" but we thought it wouldn't hurt to assist the little guys in getting them where they needed to go! So, we bought the kit (3 month supply to try once per month) and decided since Bryan was leaving in January, we'd use 2 or 3 of the kits, for 2-3 opportunities to conceive in December. The kits have ovulation predictor tests (like a pregnancy test that senses your LH surge in urine prior to ovulation) which I'd never used before. I took one on Christmas Eve and it was negative... I completely forgot to take on on Christmas Day, being gone from home for most of it... So, Saturday rolls around and I realize I should do another test. Lo and behold, it's OBVIOUSLY positive, which means I am likely going to ovulate in the next 24-36 hours! Since I didn't have a test from the day before to compare to, I told Bryan, we better try this today! So, we (tmi alert) used the conception kit as directed and hoped and prayed for the best! We decided to use another one on Sunday, and due to me being hypersensitive to my cycle, I was pretty sure I ovulated on Sunday. I had stopped temping at my doctor's advise, since it causes a lot of stress... Instead we just dtd and used the conception cup- no stress there!! :0)
We took a quick jaunt down to Branson for a night, which was a wonderful retreat for the two of us. Then we got the kids on New Years Eve and headed to Memphis to spend a few days with my grandparents. Little did we know, while enjoying the time together, the time with the kids, and with my grandparents, our little baby was being conceived and burrowing into my womb!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm soooo excited the conception kit worked for you, and the first time to boot! Must have been all my ingenious tips I gave! haha

    ReplyDelete