So, there really isn't a whole lot to report at this point, since I don't have another doctors appointment for 2.5 more weeks... I was discussing last night with Pattie how it's exciting to be pregnant, but we're not to the really exciting part since most people don't know yet! It will be a lot more fun once we get through the first trimester, Bryan gets home and we can tell the kids, along with the rest of our family and my work!!! Just 3 more weeks!!!! Bryan will be home on the 8th of March, and we'll tell the kids whenever we get them, which may be the next night or that first weekend he's home.
As for me, I've been experiencing some of the typical pregnancy symptoms... Fatigue, especially by mid-afternoon, I'm longing for a nap... I have been trying to get to bed around 9-9:30, which sometimes just doesn't happen. Especially if I'm skyping with Bryan! :0) Other symptoms include occasional heartburn, a week of some terrible sciatic nerve pain (thankfully it's subsiding), and being hungry a lot! I haven't really had morning sickness to speak of, just the occasional "blah" feeling where food doesn't sound good. I'm so thankful for that!! Parts of me are starting to expand... but I can still wear most of my pants... there are a few pair that are too tight once I eat a meal! I'll be shopping for some "bella bands" soon, which allow you to wear your pants unbuttoned a while longer!
I've been receiving several email updates from various sites about what's happening with me, the baby, etc. It's interesting to find out so much about our little peanut and all that is going on when I can't feel a thing! My mom and mother in law have both commented how neat it is to find out so much, and to know so early-- they had nothing of the sort when they were pregnant with us. They had to go check out a book at the library, and it was more like a science textbook! We all concur that some of the info out there isn't necessarily good... or can cause undue stress and worry! But, as with anything, you just take it a day at a time, pray for God's hand in the situation, and His will be done. I'm praying every day for this gift He's entrusting to us! So amazing to think that in 7 months, we'll be parents of a newborn!!! Wow.
We are contemplating the changes that will happen at our house when the new little one arrives. We don't want our kids to have to share a room (since they do at their mom's, and appreciate having their own space at our house), so we will probably turn the upstairs playroom into another bedroom. We are in the process of getting bids, and will hopefully have the work completed while Bryan is home in late March or April. That will be after we're through the first trimester and can hopefully find out what paint color to buy!
Otherwise, it's just life as normal for us right now... Well, as normal as life is when you and your spouse live on opposite sides of the globe! I will get the kids this weekend for Valentine's Day and am looking forward to spending time with them and our families.
So in case I don't post again for a while, HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY TO YOU!! A new picture of my baby bump will be taken on Sunday. What a nice little Valentines secret I have. :0)
Love to all!
PS- I forgot to mention, I called the doc's office on Monday to see if they had the results of my pap from my appointment on the 28th... The nurse said that it came back all clear!! Woohooo!!! One year post surgery and all looks good! Thank you Lord!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Happy early V-Day!
ReplyDeleteYep, you're in the "am I really pg?" phase. You don't look or feel pg and you can't feel the baby move. It wasn't until I started showing well that it really sunk in and then it wasn't really real until I started to feel movement. Now our little boy is kicking up a storm and I'm loving every min of it. The 2nd tri is the best ever, you'll see soon enough.
Love ya!