Yesterday, we went to my second 3-D ultrasound. My mom, Jenn, Joy, Pattie, Hayden and Ian came along to see baby Colton. It was pretty cool to have my little support network there oohing and aahing over my son! And he's not even born yet! He was a little more tame this week than the prior appointment, but he did move around a bit and gave us some good shots of his face. He appeared to be touching (or picking) his nose, too! He was also opening and closing his mouth, and swallowing. He tried to get that thumb in there! So sweet. We also got a dvd of the session, so we can share the experience with the kids and family, and also remember it for a lifetime!
Stretching and bending...
This week, baby is about 1/2 a pound, and probably is about 7 inches from crown to rump. He's moving a LOT these days and Bryan got to feel him before he left for work. I was laying on the couch tonight and he was moving all around, so I lifted up my shirt to watch my belly. I saw him kick at least 4 times!!! It was so cool! I was just disappointed that Bry wasn't there to see it, and my camera was on the kitchen counter! I will try to catch it on video for him. It won't be long now and he'll be noticeably moving from the outside all the time!
Colton's room is almost done. The room is painted, and hopefully the closet will be installed tomorrow. I am anxious to put things in his room, and hang some clothes in the closet. :0) He has a few outfits already! I want to take pics, but the contractor's table is still in there, and the closet doors are leaning against the walls, so it's not a great shot! Promise, I'll get some pics of the room soon! We moved the furniture back into the playroom and the study room before Bryan left, and it looks really good. I'm very pleased with the outcome!
I get emails from several websites, reminding you of all the things you should be doing, what you're experiencing, and how baby is growing. One of the sites has a checklist, and for a few weeks, there has been the cartoon face of a baby crying next to "research and sign up for childbirth classes", since I haven't done it! I finally remembered to look online today, and was glad I did... Cox (where we'll deliver) recommends that you sign up by 20 weeks for a class during 30-32 weeks! So, I found the class schedule that meets one Saturday, as opposed to 5 evenings for 5 weeks... We got signed up for July 10. Whew. Check that off the list. :0) No more crying baby cartoon face.
In family news, after Kyndall, Weston and I took Daddy to the airport on Saturday, we went up to Weaubleau, MO for Mason's spelling bee. Aunt Jane came with us. After 2 rounds and about 25 contestants, Mason won SECOND place for the 4th grade!!! He was so nervous, and really glad to get it done. We were all very proud and happy for him! He did so well... better than many adults!
This weekend, Pattie and I are hoping to go looking/shopping for Colton's bedroom furniture. I have an idea of what I think we like, and Bryan gave me the go ahead to make a decision and order what I like. :0) Hopefully we can find something just right! Not a lot of other excitement for a few weeks. My next doctor's appointment is May 21. I'm sure it will be here before we know it... I'll be staying busy with work and various other appointments (like watching nieces and nephews!). Will be glad to have our annual board meeting at the office done next week. And perhaps I can make a little dough at the upcoming city-wide garage sale in a few weekends! We do this once a year (which is plenty) and usually have good success. Hoping for some nice spring weather!!
That's about all for now!
Wow, 19 weeks, actually 20 now since I'm late leaving a comment! Girl, you are half way there! It will fly from here on out. LOVE the u/s pics! I soooo want to get another 4d u/s, I need to find one of those entertainment places before little man gets to squished to see. Congrats to Mason on the spelling bee, wahoo! Love ya!
ReplyDelete