Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

May 2, 2010

20 weeks

We're HALF WAY!!!!! Wow!! I have heard from numerous people that pregnancy just flies by... and I have to say, so far, it really has! The first several weeks, when we were keeping it a secret, didn't go so fast... And of course, the wait to find out boy or girl seemed like an eternity, but to think that I'm halfway through this miraculous journey... WOW. That's all I can say!

I have been feeling pretty good-- the blissful second trimester where the morning sickness is pretty much gone, my feet and ankles haven't started to swell (and I can still see them!), and the baby isn't making my ribs and stomach contort much yet! "Oh just wait" and "Enjoy it now" are the phrases I hear most frequently. :0) I will gladly take the good and the bad, but am thoroughly enjoying the good. As of now, I am experiencing more of the same: occasional heartburn (did you know berry flavored Tums taste like candy?!), sciatica on the right side (still need to get to my chiropractor), occasional light-headedness, and some shortness of breath, like when I'm climbing a lot of stairs (there are 24 stairs up to my office each morning... I counted). The headaches have subsided for the most part, although the pollen count has not helped that as of late! It's a bad season for allergies-- they are running rampant and I can tell. I am taking some natural stuff called Histablock, and it helps, but I still have the stuffiness and sneezing. I am MUCH better than a few weeks ago.

According to my books, I'm 5 1/2 months pregnant, although 20 weeks equals 5 full months. Pregnancy math gets fuzzy since they say "9 months pregnant", but you're really pregnant for 40 weeks, which is really 10 months, however the first two of those weeks are before conception!! Anyone else confused?!? Anyway, I'm right on track with what I'm reading. I've had a few symptoms/experiences earlier than they say is typical-- I felt Colton move at 15 weeks 5 days, and Bryan felt him kick at 18 weeks. I feel him move regularly every day. I figure that's because I'm not a real big gal, and there's not a lot of places for him to go! Joy felt him move last night when she was over... Pretty fun to be the one with the growing belly that everyone wants to touch as opposed to feeling it from the outside, as an outsider!!

As the countdown shows to the right, Colton is the size of a small cantaloupe this week! I have gained a total of 12 pounds so far... At this rate, I'll be right around the recommended 25-30 pounds for the whole pregnancy (probably the 30!)... that's IF, I stay on track. :0) I'm a healthy eater for the most part, but I hear you get the appetite of a linebacker when baby grows at such a rapid rate... we shall see.

Here's my 20 week belly shot:


(I don't think I posted my 19 week shot in the last update, but they are all in the listing at the right side of the page.)

On the home front, Bryan's been gone for a week now... we're adjusting back to this part of life. He is having a harder time adjusting to the time change, but is starting to get on a schedule. I've been really busy since he left, with work and other activities, which makes the time go faster. Just 5 weeks to go! I can handle the shorter trips easier!!

We now have a completed nursery!!! I've been promising pics, so here you go! I laid out Colton's bedding and the few items I've acquired so far. It looks really good!







The last three are pics of the kids' study room we converted. I forgot to take a pic of the playroom, will do that soon.

We also got Colton's furniture picked out!! Pattie and I went shopping on Saturday, and found in a relatively short amount of time what I wanted. Bryan likes it, too. Here is a link to a picture:

http://www.babysdream.com/Products/OceanV2/Default.htm

We bought the Ocean view crib (no drop/flip down side) and the dresser with 4 drawers and a cabinet on the side, like in the picture. The crib converts to a full size bed. He can use both pieces for a long time. It's an espresso finish, so that will look great with the chocolate bedding. We found it at a local store (the only baby store in Springfield, besides the big-boxes--BabiesRUs and Target), Baby News. Lucky for us, they had the crib and the dresser in stock! So, I just need to find a date where I can go home a little early and meet the delivery guy. So excited! I need to get a mattress as well, but am doing a little more shopping/research on that. I can't wait to have it in Colton's room! Just need to do a little rocking chair shopping, change out the blinds and then we'll wait to see what comes from baby showers before buying a lot more.

Another busy week at work, with our annual Board of Directors meeting on Friday. Throw in Kyndall's band concert Friday night, the Nixa city-wide garage sale on Saturday with prep ahead of time (we do this at Jenn's once a year) and Mother's Day on Sunday and I should be thoroughly whooped by this time next week! Oh well... like I said, it makes the time go fast. I'm anxious to see the kids this weekend. It's been a long two weeks.

That's all for now! I'm sure there's something my pregnant brain is forgetting, but that's typical. Add that to the list of symptoms....

Love to all!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, half way there, that is crazy!!!! If you think it has gone fast now, wait till the 3rd tri, it flies by! The 2nd tri is truly the honeymoon phase of the pg, soak up every minute of it! The 3rd tri is really cool too in the sense that his movements are soooo huge and awesome, but there are definitely lots of aches and pains, like not being able to walk. From reading all your symptoms, you definitely seem to experience things much sooner than the average pg. Good for the fun symptoms, not so good for the achy ones. I too think it's because you're on the small side. On the weight gain, I've found it comes in spurts. Sometimes I would go a few weeks with not much of a gain and then all of a sudden would gain 1.5-2.5 a week. Breastfeeding will help us tremendously though to lose it all, I hope! Loving your 20w belly shot, while you still look very small compared to me, I can definitely tell you've grown quite a bit this week. Totally loving the nursery!!! Girl, you are further ahead than me! I love the blue walls and brown decor, and of course love the giraffes. I really like the nursery furniture you picked up, can't wait to see it all come together. The #1 recommended mattress is the Colgate Classica I. Firm is highly recommended for a baby to prevent SIDS and it is firm. Happy early Mother's day to you! Love Jill

    ReplyDelete