We had a little concern this past week with lil' man, Colton. Everything is just fine, but I think with our birthing class last weekend and the nurse emphasizing "kick counts", I was being especially cautious... Wednesday, I got up for work and got ready as normal. I usually feel Colton moving a lot in the early morning-- before I get up and while I'm getting ready. I was driving to work about 7:25am and realized that I hadn't felt him moving much at all that morning. I had had a glass of chocolate milk while getting on my make up, and usually that makes him move. I noted the time and thought I would eat some yogurt when I got to work and see if that got him going. I talked to him and pushed around on my tummy while driving to work, with no response. I got to work, ate some yogurt and waited. We have chapel on Wednesday mornings, and I was waiting, waiting, waiting for him to move. It was really hot in the room we were in, as we had a lot of people there that day, so I was getting uncomfortable. I went out of the room and went to sit on the couch in our lobby. Long story short (yeah, right) I leaned on the couch on my left side for a few minutes and waited for him to move. After an hour since eating, I called my doctor's office to express my concern. They want you to have counted 10 movements in 2 hours, whereas the birthing class said 10 movements in 1 hour. The nurse told me to drink some juice and wait about 15 minutes. If he didn't start moving, I'd probably need to go to triage at the hospital, as my doc was in surgery all day. I found some juice in the work fridge and went back to the couch. I called Bryan who was on his way to KC, and told him I was getting concerned. He said he was turning around to head to my office. He arrived about 9:30 and I had only felt one movement in the past 2.5 hours. He said, come on--we're going in. I decided to call my doctor's office back to see if they could do any monitoring there, as opposed to having to go to the hospital, for who knows how long... The nurse said I could come on in. So, off we went. It took about 20 minutes to get there. I got hooked up to the monitor, and it was such a sweet sound to hear Colton's heartbeat. She left me on the monitor for about 10 minutes, and came back. He still wasn't moving around yet. She said she'd come back in another 10-15 minutes. Finally, after not feeling much at all for nearly 3 hours, he started moving!! The nurse came back to check on me after a total of 25 minutes and he finally got active the last 15 minutes. WHEW!!!!!! RELIEF!!! No rhyme or reason why he was so quiet that morning, and he hasn't been that quiet since, thankfully. I just kept thinking of what the nurse said at our class-- if you don't learn anything from this class, learn about kick counts and keeping track of your baby's movements. She got her point across!!! Better safe than sorry.
Though the rest of the week was less eventful, and I have gotten several things done from my to-do list! I had a busy week at work, but we were off on Friday, so I took that day to do a little organizing around the house. I listed out the items that were loaned to us, washed a few items that I'd gotten for Colton, and tidied up my huge stack of baby paperwork. And took some time to relax! Saturday, Mason participated in his first youth triathlon, and finished! He hadn't gotten to train all that much, so we were so excited to cheer him on and have him cross the finish line. He did great! It was so hot, too! After the event, I went home and got cleaned up and met my girlfriend Julie, to finish my registries. We went to BabiesRUs and got a few more things on the list there, and then went to Jellybeans to register there as well. They are moving locations, so they don't have as much in the store, but we still found some cute things to add to the list. We ate some lunch and stopped at Children's Orchard (resale). Little did I know, they have maternity items! I found some great bargains and got a few summer shirts, a dress, skirt and pair of pants for $28!! SCORE! :0) Saturday evening, we relaxed at home with the boys, and then Sunday was church. Bryan and I finally got to putting up Colton's name on his wall. It turned out really well! Here are a couple of shots of the letters and his wall (the n is white with light blue dots).
We are waiting for his chair to arrive-- it should be any day now... That will go where the carseat is in the picture above. Just have a few little things to get for his room. Seems like our list of things we need is quite long! But, we have time, and fortunately, baby showers to be had. :0)
We are looking forward to our last vacation as a family of 5 this weekend! We are headed to St. Louis on Friday, and will stay through Monday evening. We have lots on the agenda; the Magic House, the City Museum, possibly the zoo or Grant's Farm if it's not too hot, the Science Center and possibly a few other stops. We'll see Aunt Rachel (Bryan's sister) and Uncle Bill on Friday night, and then will stay at a hotel Sat and Sun nights. Should be a fun time with the kiddos.
My next appointment will be on Tuesday next week-- a little longer than 2 weeks, but since we're going to leave to St. L on Friday, I didn't want to try to squeeze an appointment in that day also. Not sure if doc will check me yet or not for dilation... Might be one more appointment before they begin that. I'm still doing pretty well symptom wise-- just have experienced more restless leg syndrome at nights... I'm getting up a little more frequently in the night, too, so that is contributing to more fatigue. BUT, overall, I'm feeling good-- just getting bigger!
Here are 31 week belly shots:

And one with clothes-- and my head! :0)
Good night!
Wow, time is flying for both of us!!!
ReplyDeleteSo glad Colton got to moving around. I experienced lack of movement off and on. They just have an occasional long sleeping time frame.
Love Colton's name on the wall! Wait till you see ours, you'll be amazed how similar they are, except ours is vertical! The room is looking great girlie!
Even your vaca! Belly bump still cute as ever!
Love ya!