We had a great weekend spending time with family, and even got in a date night! Friday, Bryan and I went to Branson for the evening. We went to the Landing and ate at Cantina Laredo (very good Mexican). They had some of the Branson entertainers performing out near the fountains, so we stood and listened to a few songs/groups. JEERK (a Swedish percussion/rhythm group) was there and was really good! Afterward, we went to the Tanger outlet for a little while as Bryan was on the hunt for some new shorts. We decided to take in a show while we were there, and saw the "Shepherd of the Hills" play outside Friday evening. It was a gorgeous night, even a little cool, with stars galore. It was a good performance, although the seating was pretty uncomfortable for a 2 hour play! But we enjoyed it. Afterward we went to Andy's for some frozen custard, then went back to the hotel and crashed. It was after midnight, which is a time I don't see regularly unless I'm getting up to go to the bathroom!
Saturday, we slept in, had a big breakfast at the hotel and then went to Target. Bryan finally found some shorts, and I added some items to our registry. I had started our registries online at Target and BabiesRUs, but hadn't been into either store. It was nice to get that task checked off the list... I haven't tackled BRU yet, will have to do that soon. As I've heard from numerous mommies, it doesn't matter what you register for, you'll still get a lot of clothes and blankets! So, here's hoping-- we have a LOT that we need!! I do have a friend that is loaning me a bunch of items, so that will help immensely! Anyway, after our shopping excursion, we opted to head back home, and thought we'd catch an afternoon movie. I started feeling yucky on the drive back, so when we got home, I laid down and ended up sleeping for about 1.5 hours! We missed the afternoon show, but made it to the 5pm one and saw "Grown Ups". It was pretty funny. We got some take-out appetizers at Fox and Hound on the way home, and then Bryan had some guys over to watch the fights. I settled into bed with a movie and was set for the evening. :0)
We got to pick up the kids on Sunday afternoon to keep them for the week. We went to Grandma Pattie and Grandpa Steve's after we picked them up, and ended up staying the rest of the afternoon! The kids played outside, we sat out and talked-- it was a gorgeous day! Not the typical 4th of July in Missouri. The weather was so great-- a little humid, but in the 80s and a good breeze. We also went and picked out a bunch of fireworks, and the got some "grocery store takeout" of ribs and fried chicken. Yum! After we ate, we headed back to our house, and Pattie & Steve, Aunt Sheryl and Aunt Jane came out to watch fireworks. We had quite the display from our neighbors, and in our own driveway. It was fun. Ice cream followed and we were thoroughly sugared up before bed. :0) Kyndall stayed the night with Grandma and Grandpa Sunday night.




Monday, we slept in again (heavenly!) and after breakfast, headed to the pool. It was more typical weather-- hot and humid! The boys swam, I floated.... The cousins came down a little later, and so we all had fun in the water. We went home for lunch and I opted for a nap while the boys played! We headed to Grammy and Papa's about 4:30 for our family get-together. We had grilled hotdogs, hamburgers, and chicken, baked beans and several sides. It was good! The kids played on the trampoline and played frisbee for a while, too.... all while waiting for it to get dark enough for fireworks! We ate dessert outside-- homemade ice cream and jello-cake, mmmmm-- it was good. Joy, Forrister and Roger had saved most of their fireworks for Monday night, so they put on quite a show. We finally headed home after a fun-filled day and evening about 9:30pm.
Now, it's back to the work week for me (hooray) and Bryan is tackling his to-do list with the kiddos. He is working on a transfer to a different Army unit and has had to compile paperwork out the wazoo! Between the last few ballgames of the season (HOORAY for real!!), an upcoming dinner with friends, a doctors appointment on Friday and our birthing class this Saturday, I am ready for the week to be over! I feel like my to-do list is mounting, and I'm constantly making notes, lists and thinking of things I have to complete in the next 10.5 weeks- yikes!
Colton continues to do well, as far as this first-time preggo momma can tell. Depending on what you read, he's between 15-16 inches from head to toe, and probably weighs around 2 3/4-3 pounds. I'm guessing he's on the smaller end of the scale, given my and Bryan's size at birth and as adults. He gets the hiccups frequently-- at least once or twice a day, and it's interesting to see what position he's in when I can feel those hiccups moving! He gives me plenty of kicks, jabs, elbows, etc. and it's really becoming entertaining to watch my stomach morph when he rolls around. He's especially active in the evening when I'm sitting/laying back watching tv or working on the computer. I'm guessing I'll go to bi-weekly appointments after this week's visit. Can't believe we're approaching 30 weeks! My weight continues to climb and I'm hoping I can keep it under control these next 2.5 months! C'est la vie... at least I have winter to look forward to and big fluffy sweaters to hide what's leftover!! ha. I am experiencing occasional heartburn at night (assuming that's because the zantac is wearing off by then) and am not sleeping quite as well as I used to. Those restless legs kick in on occasion, and I'm definitely getting up more frequently. I guess my body is just getting prepared!
And, this week's belly pics:

That's all for now! Love to all.
Wow, sounds like a fabulous 4th of July!
ReplyDeleteBelly still looking cute as could be! Can't wait to see it at full term!
Love ya!
Jill