Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

September 6, 2010

38 weeks

Well, after an eventful few days, things are pretty boring right now... We are just playing the waiting game! We are glad that Pattie and Steve are back from their cruise, and are hopeful that this little man will arrive when the most of our family is around! My dad leaves again for drill/Lincoln this Thursday, so he's hoping not to miss the big event. At this point though, it's anyone's guess.

We have been doing a lot of walking, and I've been rocking on this medicine ball we borrowed a lot. I still can't say I'm 100% sure that Colton is head down, but from what we can tell he is. His heartbeat is down below my belly button when we listen on my doppler, and his hiccups have been low, too. Praying that he stays down and gets engaged soon! I've not been having quite as many contractions as before, but this afternoon I've had a few more. We are working on pressure points to hopefully help encourage this little guy to come! I know, he'll come when he's ready and I shouldn't push it, but things are getting more painful and uncomfortable by the day... I'm sure most 9.5 month pregnant women feel this way at the end-- just get this baby out! :0)

I am glad that I haven't really been retaining fluid, the only time I have was when we walked this morning about 3/4 to a mile... Then my fingers swelled a bit. My ankles are still visible tho! I haven't gained any weight this week either, which is nice. I'm holding steady about 149.5-150 pounds each morning, which puts me at having gained 35-36 pounds. Not too shabby... if he comes soon!

I really don't want to go back to work tomorrow to hear all the comments-- "Oh you didn't have that baby this weekend??" OR "you're still here??" But, I suppose I'll survive. After having 3.5 days off, the thought of sitting at my desk for 9 hours is anything but fun... I just keep thinking, I need to save my paid time off for when Colton is HERE... At least it's a 4 day week.

Here are my belly shots for this week. He sure is poking out there! I am anxious for my appointment Friday-- unless of course, he comes sooner. If by some chance he's still breech or turned back up, then they will schedule a c-section for next week. If he's head down, they will either let me go, or discuss inducing. I've always said I want to go into labor naturally, but boy-- having an induction date doesn't sound at all bad right now! How much bigger can this belly get?? :0)




Well, not much else to post for now... Keep praying that Colton stays head down and comes soon... We are so anxious!!

Love to all.

1 comment:

  1. WOW, look at that belly!!! Did I not tell you it grows every day those last few weeks?!?! Sounds like Colton is head down if the heartbeat and hiccups are below the belly button and the major movement is above the button. Avoid induction if at all possible, induction sets you up for a lot of intervention and significantly increases your chances for a c/s. Getting anxious right along with you, I get so excited when I get your updates, wondering... will this be the announcement?

    Love ya!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete