Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

September 4, 2010

Head Down??

Well, I haven't posted on FB yet, but I *THINK* we got him to flip back to head down last night.... And oh, what a sight it was to behold!!! We read about flipping a breech baby all afternoon and decided to try a couple of easy remedies. At least they sounded easy til I tried to do them! ha. First, when we got home yesterday afternoon, we did the bag of frozen corn on the top right side of my stomach, where the doc said his head was (I could feel a hard spot there and caddy-corner, where his bum was)... I propped my legs up and put a warm rice bag on my lower pelvis. He didn't move much, just kicked my bladder! It was so uncomfortable because I felt like I would lose my lunch-- so much acid reflux and pressure on my lungs it was hard to breathe.

Then later that night, we decided to try the ironing board. We propped one end up on the ottoman, and I laid with my head down by the floor on the ironing board (you should've seen me getting into that position!). Bryan was a big help, and then we put the frozen corn back on my upper belly. We starting gently massaging the bumps, and Bryan kept his hand below his head and gently worked him toward my pelvis (up since I was inverted, but down to my pelvis). I stayed that way for about 20 mins and it was pretty painful but he was moving! After we thought we got his head down, I didn't know what to do! I was afraid to stand up or move for fear of him flipping back over. We slowly got me off the ironing board, and rolled to my side to encourage his body to roll to the middle from the left side of my abdomen. Then I got into the squat position to try to get his head to go further down. I stayed like that til my legs were asleep and tingling and I couldn't take it anymore-- I thought I would pee all over the floor!! Yes, tmi... Once I stood up, my belly looked much more "normal" and round, not lopsided. I had a lot of contractions last night, and it stayed round looking. Bryan ran over to Jenn's house and borrowed her exercise ball for me to sit on... So, I rocked on that while we watched a movie.

It feels like he's kicking/moving up at the top again... I can't feel the hard lump of his head on either side, and I *thought* last night in bed that I felt his hiccups down low, but I was pretty out of it (thanks to the Ambien).

We also tried the flashlight twice, to get him to move away from it, which didn't work. I slept kind of propped up on my side too, to hopefully help gravity keep him in place. So, I am cautiously optimistic... I've also been playing classical music through headphones on my lower abdomen-- did it last night and this morning. :) We have been praying like crazy that God will move him down and KEEP him down, and then I'll go into labor!!! I haven't had as many contractions today-- a few an hour... I'm getting laundry done, did some cleaning and working on a canvas/pic for Colton's room. More nesting?? Perhaps... I'm still praying for some action this Labor Day weekend... The thought of waiting and wondering til next Friday's appointment is TORTURE!!! Maybe with the pressure of Colton's head back down where it should be, we'll have more action. We have plans for a walk today and hope to enjoy this beautiful weather. It's just gorgeous outside. We have a couple of movies to watch too, but since we can't really plan ahead, that's about all that is on the agenda.

I'll post again with my 38 week update. Not much more to report at this point. Thanks for your prayers-- please keep them up!!

Love to all.

1 comment:

  1. That is AWESOME news Jill!!!!! Definitely sounds like he's back in head down position. I am soooo happy and relieved for you! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete