Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

December 6, 2010

12 weeks

Our little guy is 3 months old!! And growing like a weed... He is up to around 13 1/2 pounds-- our best guesstimate by weighing him at home. His next appointment is at 4 months. He has graduated to size 2 diapers! I have on my to-do list to pack up his 0-3 month clothes and bring out his 3-6. Sniff sniff... He's about to bust out of the feet! It really is going so fast!!

We celebrated our first real holiday with Colton at Thanksgiving. On Thursday we got our first snow of the season as well! We spent the day at my Aunt Dee & Uncle Byron's house in Ozark. My grandparents and Aunt Debi, Uncle Keith, and my cousin Bo & his wife & son came from Tennessee. I think with all of us locals, we had about 16 adults and 6 kiddos! We enjoyed a yummy meal and then spent time relaxing and playing games.

Friday, we had our Thanksgiving at my in-laws. Another fantastic gathering with delicious food and lots of family--18 of us?!? We were able to skype with Bryan as well. It was a very enjoyable Thanksgiving, although Daddy wasn't here!

Some pics of Colton during his 1st Thanksgiving:


The next 3 pics are within about 10 seconds of each other!



Cousins lovin' on baby!

Grandma Salmon meeting Colton

Colton's new hat from Aunt Rachel

Colton got to try out a new toy the past few weeks and he's enjoying it! I brought the jumperoo down from upstairs, since he likes to sit up and can hold his head up really well. He was all smiles the first time! He usually enjoys playing in it for 10-15 minutes, then loses interest and wants out... Here are a few pics:





Here's Colton napping in his co-sleeper at 11 weeks. He usually naps on my lap, in his swing, or bouncy, but I'm trying to make a habit of him napping in his bed during the day on occasion... he needs to get used to it! I haven't had him sleep in his crib yet. Maybe when Daddy gets home and I've got some help, we can try it out.

We are gearing up for a lot of fun in the next few weeks... Daddy arrives home next week-- I can't wait for him to see and hold Colton! He's nearly double the size of when Bryan left... He's more interactive and very observant, so we'll see what Daddy thinks! I'm hoping since we've talked via skype that Colton will recognize him. :0) No pouty lip!

Christmas is just around the corner... I've got all my shopping done and a few gifts wrapped. I'm waiting til Bryan gets home to have a marathon wrapping session. It's easier than getting everything out and only being able to wrap a few at a time... Colton loves looking at the tree... He was fussing today so I walked into the other room by the tree and he just quieted down and stared. He likes his new Bumbo too! Great for sitting by the tree... ;0)


We're looking forward to spending time with the big kids and both of our families and friends... the hard part is finding enough time!! We'll get to spread out our celebrations this year for sure!

Here are several pics from the past 2 weeks:

12 weeks

Drool monster


Momma's favorite sleeper (that he's outgrowing!)


Baby blues...





Counting down til Daddy's arrival! And til Christmas and Mason's birthday!! We are very excited. Here are the pics from our Christmas cards this year...




Merry Christmas to you!!

2 comments:

  1. He's getting soooo BIG!! I love the picture of him in his bumbo in front of the tree :-) Such a cutie!!
    Glad to hear that Daddy is returning next week!! You made it!!

    Hugs,
    Linsay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, he's just 3 lbs away from Tyler! Isn't crazy how fast they grow! I nearly cried when I had to put away his 0-3m clothes, it's so sad!

    HA! I love the pouty lip! Tyler does the same thing, can go from one extreme to the other in a matter of seconds. Sometimes he cries and smiles at the same time, it's as if he's confused on how he really feels. The close ups are way too adorable! I got your Christmas card photo, thank you!

    Tyler LOVEs the tree as well, they are so mesmerized by all the lights and glitter. I love watching their curiosity.

    What a great Christmas it's going to be for us both! God is so good!

    Love ya!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete