Our little guy isn't so little anymore! He had his 4 month appointment today and he is 14lbs 1oz, and is 25" long! He's in the 50th%. He is right in his size range for clothes (3-6 mo), but has some chunky little legs! He has had a little bit of the sinus crud (thanks to Mommy getting this a week ago), and is a bit rattly but is still doing well. He has his cranky bouts, but so do I when I'm sick! :0) The doc said he looks great-- Colton is right on target and has a couple of months to go before the doc recommends introducing solids.
Colton is learning new things and is constantly taking in his surroundings. He recognizes voices and faces-- Mommy (of course), Daddy, sister and brothers, aunties, grandparents, cousins. It's so cute to see his little smile when he is talked to or picked up by one of them. He is a little drool box as of the past few weeks-- I'm hoping and praying he's not getting teeth just yet. I know babies can't swallow their saliva right now, so hoping that this is just pre-teething. Colton grabs toys a lot more now, and will pass them back and forth from hand to hand. And of course, everything he can get in his mouth goes right there! He has taken to occasionally sucking his fingers...
Colton got several books for Christmas and he has taken to "The Very Hungry Caterpillar". He will sit and listen for a while to most books for a while, but there has to be interesting pictures to keep his attention for too long. He still likes his swing, and usually just sits there and chills, as opposed to falling asleep every time he swings like he used to. Speaking of falling asleep, most nights Colton is going to sleep on his own in his bed... we are working on naps-- I'd say half the time he can fall asleep on his own for naps in his bed, but the other half are either a fight, or he ends up sleeping somewhere else if we aren't home (or Mommy caves). Since he's had the sinus congestion and crud, I've been a little more lenient on this. Time to buckle down so this Momma can get some things done! He is still getting up about 1-2am for a feeding and again around 4-5am. He usually gets up for the day around 7:30-8am. I'm surviving, but sure will be glad when he can go all night, or even go longer for that one feeding. He's still taking 3-4 naps per day. Some are just catnaps.... eventually we'll get this sleep thing down! :0)
A few various pics from the past month...
Naked time!
My new Christmas Duds
Our Christmas was different this year, although Colton didn't know any different! The arrival of Colton's cousin, Caroline Tricia, was a welcomed surprise. Bryan's sister Rachel had her baby on Dec. 22 (she was due 12/28), so we hopped in the car and went to St. Louis to visit overnight. Colton seemed like a giant compared to tiny Caroline!Well, I am sure I am missing things that have happened in the past 4 weeks, but I think I hit the highlights. Hopefully I can stay on track with updates, since we have no upcoming holidays!
Love to all.
Wow...he's getting so BIG! He's looking less baby and more boy! It looks like you had a great 1st Christmas with C. Wish we were closer!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Linsay
Whoa, he's gaining speed on Tyler in the weight dept! I doubt he's getting teeth yet, I thought this same thing at this timeframe. Around 3-4 months Tyler would soak his onsie and now he barely drools at all and at 6m still no teeth. He is soooo cute Jilly! It's hard keeping up the blog isn't it!
ReplyDelete