Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

May 2, 2011

33 Weeks

It seems the weeks fly faster and faster... I got a little sad tonight as I was updating Colton's baby book. I realized there are only 4 more pages for monthly updates before we celebrate his FIRST birthday!! Sniff, sniff!! Slow down, kiddo... you're growing up too fast!!

We have had some adventures during the past 3 weeks. We took our first road trip as a family of 6 to Minneapolis, for the kids' spring break. We went to visit our dear friends Lori and Bobby, and their kiddos, Lauren and Owen. We drove up on the Thursday before Easter, and got there in good time-- approximately 10 hours or so. Colton did really well-- we didn't have to make any extra stops for him. We got settled in at the house and rested from the drive. Friday, we spent the afternoon at the Waterpark of America. The big kids had a great time, and Colton enjoyed himself too. He loves the water, and had fun in the wave pool and lazy river. He also took a nice long nap in Momma's arms. Friday night, we made pizzas at home and enjoyed hanging out. Saturday was Mall of America, and the Nickelodeon Universe (amusement park). We had a ton of fun going on rollercoasters and other rides. Colton again did awesome. He spent most of the day in the stroller, but there was no shortage of things to look at! Again, he napped in the stroller and was as sweet as could be. Sunday we enjoyed homemade biscuits and gravy (thanks, Bobby!) for brunch, then headed out to the Minnesota Zoo. It was a bit chilly, although much nicer than the previous 2 days! We walked around for a few hours and enjoyed lunch at the zoo. This was Colton's first zoo experience. He was interested but I don't know how many animals he really looked at... Again, plenty to see. :0) We headed for home on Monday. I think Colton remembered the drive and on the way back was not quite as cooperative. We made a few extra stops, and he fussed off and on... Thank goodness for Baby Einstein videos on the iPad and dvd player!! We made it back safe and sound Monday evening around 6:30pm. We were all happy to be in our own beds that night! It was a great trip overall!!

On the road...
Swimming with Daddy

Swimming wear me out!

Sissy and me at MOAMinnesota Zoo with the gang


Colton has not been sleeping as well, since his sleep pattern was messed up on vacation. He's getting back into the swing of things, but we haven't had any more 7 hour nights as of late. He is consistently napping longer, especially if we're at home. When we're on the go, his naps are shorter. I really can't complain though, as he is so good natured whether he's slept 30 minutes or an hour and a half. Such a happy boy!

STILL no tooth!! His gums are swollen and bumpy, and I keep seeing a white dot, but it has yet to emerge. He loves to bite on anything he can (which he's been doing for 2+ months). We keep saying, any day now... any day... I am just appreciating that gummy grin as long as I can. Their looks change so much when those teeth pop in!

Colton is enjoying food more and more. He's eating more at each meal and has sampled a few more foods since the last post. He's tried pineapple and peas (both yum) and also loves to gum the puffs. He tried puffs while in MN, and it's so cute to watch him gum them til they dissolve! Next up is green beans and apple. We're rotating the fruits and veggies, but he usually eats 3-4 different foods per day. He's learning to feed himself. It's funny how he can grab a toy, finger, hair, clothes, etc. and it goes straight to his mouth. But give him a puff and he's at a loss as to how to get it there! Maybe because they're small. He did get a few in there tonight, but he gets easily frustrated and likes it when Momma pops them in-- easier!!

Our house is quieter these days... Daddy left for work last Wednesday. We've gotten to Skype a few times, and it's so cute to see the recognition come across Colton's face when he sees Bryan on the computer screen. He smiles and giggles when he hears his voice, too. It's tough to be apart, especially knowing how much Colton will change in the next 8 weeks... but we gotta do what we gotta do. I know it's especially hard for Daddy... We are so thankful for Skype!!

We did have company this weekend which helped with the transition. Our friend Liz came from Ohio and spent a few days with us, visiting me and my sisters. We had a great time with her and enjoyed seeing the big kids for a bit, too. We went to Mason's Literature Bowl on Saturday morning with Aunt Jane. His team won first place! Colton enjoyed seeing brother and sister, and Mason got to come back with us to have an overnight by himself. We enjoyed a dinner at Lambert's and cousin Forrister stayed the night. It's a bit quiet since Liz left this morning. However, we spent the day catching up at home and with the rainy weather, that was a-okay.

Colton is so close to crawling, I have my work cut out for me in getting the house baby proofed! He rocks on all fours, and scoots backwards... he can't quite figure out how to get those legs and arms moving forward together. He has resorted to rolling around when he wants to get from here to there. Gone are the days of sitting him in the floor and expecting him to be in the same place a few minutes later! Bryan installed our baby gates before he left, so I just have to lock them when he gets truly mobile. He is an absolute joy... Such a good baby and so darn cute! There's not a day when someone doesn't compliment our adorable baby boy... I'm completely smitten.

Since Bryan is gone, and I have several friends who have had babies recently, I am starting a moms group. I've invited several girls to get together with their kiddos every other week or so. Hoping the weather gets more spring-like, so we can go to the park or community center. It's a good way to get some grown up time in, and socialize the kiddos, too. I'm looking forward to seeing the girls and their babies-- always good to have something to look forward to, right? :0)

Well, my first official Mother's Day is right around the corner! I'm so blessed to have this little guy to call me mama, mum, maaaa. Looking forward to celebrating with our family, along with celebrating Grammy's birthday. We also have big brother Weston's birthday coming up in a few weeks, as well. Like I said, things to look forward to.

Okay, trying the picture thing again... I had no luck last time and got frustrated trying for 2-3 days. So, here are a bunch from the past month or so.

Colton's Dedication


Mickey Blue Eyes

This boy LOVES bath time!


Working in the yard is fun!Cool shades (they didn't stay on)
Silly boy

Spitty boy!

Smirk

We're biking where??

Love backpacking with Daddy

Hanging with Dada

Easter Sunday-33 weeks

Lover boy


That's all for now!
Love to each of you.

1 comment:

  1. Tell me about it, it is going by wayyyyy too fast! In less than 2 months, my little wild man will be ONE! I'm so not ready for that!

    Tyler isn't feeding himself yet. Isn't it so funny how when it's not food, it goes in the mouth instantly, but when it's food, they can't find their mouth? I don't get it, they've been practicing getting stuff in that mouth since birth.

    Oh wow, so he's about to crawl! Get ready for the transition! Then a few months later, they walk and get into everything!

    Am I invited to your mom's group??? I so want to join! I must hug your soooo adorable little man in person! Isn't it crazy how much they have in common! Well, keep your eye out on flights to Nashville, these boys must meet! Have you checked southwest? Speaking of that, why have we not done skype yet??

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete