This has been a fun weekend, with lots to occupy my time. Friday was Joy's 29th birthday, and she had a wedding planning filled day! She and Jenn looked at flowers, tried on dresses, picked out cake, looked at suits, etc. I met them about 4pm to try on another bridesmaid dress, and we picked out "the one" and got them on order! I will need some alterations (as I would anyway being 5'3") but it should work with a 6 month preggo belly! Afterward, we met Mom and Dad and Forrister, Rob and kids, and Roger at Fuji Japanese Steakhouse for birthday dinner. It was entertaining and yummy! We then went to Joy's house for cake and ice-cream. I was pretty tired by the end of the night, and I think I was in bed before 10pm.
Saturday, Mom, Pattie and I met at the "Baby Affair" at Cox Hospital. It was a big event with booths of all kinds related to baby (and some seemingly not related to baby!). They had a maternity fashion show, and giveaways... I didn't win anything, to my knowledge! We got some good info on upcoming classes and things for baby, and for me. :0) Afterward, we went to Nearly Famous Deli and enjoyed a yummy lunch and good conversation. Mom and I headed to the mall to look at a couple of dresses for her for Joy's wedding. She ended up finding a beautiful champagne colored dress! A successful trip. I had my first "in public" bout with pregnancy dizziness, and ended up having to sit in the floor of the juniors section at Penney's for a few minutes. We think it was the 2" square pecan bar I ate at lunch. Who'd a thunk that a little sugary treat would wreak havoc? It passed after a few minutes and we headed to one more store. I got a couple of tops on sale at Dillards that will work for the next several months with my growing tummy.
Speaking of growing tummies, here's my 12 week belly shot:

Today, I got up and started getting ready for church when the dizziness hit again... I laid down for a few minutes and decided I would just have church at home today. I wasn't feeling good and food wasn't sounding good most of the day. I did manage to get a lot done at home in preparation for Bryan getting home tomorrow night. We did some updating in the kids' rooms last weekend, so I finished up in there, dusted, vacuumed, cleaned the bathrooms, and generally tidied up. I will have a couple of hours to kill before picking Bry up at the airport tomorrow night, so I plan to tackle the 3" stack of papers that need to be filed in the office then. :0)
Well, this week will be called the "Letting the Cat Out of the Bag" week-- as we will get the kids on Tuesday evening and will tell them about their new sister/brother then. I plan to tell my boss on Thursday (he's out of the office Mon-Wed) and then we are having a get-together at my in-laws on Saturday night to tell the extended family! Once those people know, we'll post it on Facebook-- likely on Sunday. I'll be 13 weeks next Sunday-- officially finished with my first trimester!!
I've had a few headaches, and the occasional dizziness as I mentioned. I've had a few cramps here and there, and the extra how-shall-we-say-this-politely "gasses" from the much slower work in the intestinal tract. I feel bloated immediately after I eat just about anything! Getting to enjoy the fruit flavored Tums, but am surviving, nonetheless. I can't complain-- I've had it really good, and it's ALL WORTH IT!!!
So, the wait continues to get onto the fun week ahead! So exciting!!! :0)
Love to all.
WOW, 12 weeks and heading into the 2nd tri already??? Time is flying for both of us. You'll LOVE the 2nd tri!!! You'll start to really show, feel the baby kick and feel great. I know you're soooo excited about Bry coming home and getting to share your news with everyone. Have fun and enjoy this time to the fullest as I know you will. Love ya!
ReplyDeleteYea!!! Bryan is coming home!! I hope you guys have a great homecoming!! Goodbye 1st trimester...the 2nd is fun!!!
ReplyDeleteLove ya!!
Misty