Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

March 15, 2010

13 weeks and The News is Out!!

Well, we made it to the second trimester!!! Depending on what site you visit, you end your first trimester at 12 weeks, some say 13 weeks. Regardless, we are here and our secret is out!! Relief at last!!!

Bryan got home on Monday night, the 8th of March. His flight didn't arrive until 8:30pm, so it was 9:30 by the time we got home. He had been transitioning his sleep habits a few days before he left, so he would adjust more quickly. He did pretty well, only getting up at 4am for a couple of mornings and is almost "back to normal" (although he's snoring on the couch as I type!!).

I took Tuesday off from work and we were able to go pick up the kids from school that afternoon. They were surprised to see Daddy come into school to get them-- it was great! We headed home with the intention of having the kids show Bryan the updates we did to their bedrooms, and then we would tell them our plans for a new bedroom upstairs for our new addition. It worked like a charm, and when we got home, Weston was anxious to show Daddy his new "race car themed" room. Kyndall and Mason showed him their new decorations, and then Bryan said, "Well we want to share with you some ideas of what we're going to do up here..." He started telling them how we would move this and that around and put the game system in Mason's toy closet (BIG closet!) , etc. Then he said, "and we're going to put a wall here and a closet at this end and make another bedroom." All three of the kids looked really puzzled, and Mason said, "For who??" Bryan said, "Jill??" I said, "Well, Daddy and I are going to have a baby!" Mason said, "YOU ARE??!?!" Kyndall said, "I don't believe you!" And Weston acted all dramatic and went into his room and put his head on his bed. I followed him in there and asked him, "What are you doing?" He said, "I'm trying to take it all in! I just can't believe it!" It was priceless. We talked to them about how I was already 3 months pregnant, and that I'd been pregnant since Christmas (or shortly after). They were in shock, but excited. We went downstairs and showed them the ultrasound pictures, and the video of sharing the news with our parents. We also gave them the kid-friendly version of how Daddy had a surgery to allow him to have kids again, knowing that that info might come up in conversation over the weekend when we told the rest of the family. :0) We had an enjoyable evening talking about different things about the baby and what our future would be like. It was great!

I was finally able to tell my boss on Thursday, as he'd been out of the office for nearly two weeks! I had a meeting with him that morning, and we discussed our agenda items and to do lists... Towards the end of the meeting, Jim said, "Well, I think that's all I have...." I said, "I have one more thing..." He looked at me and I said, "I'm going to need to take some vacation time this fall... like 6 weeks..." He said, "Are you pregnant?!" I shook my head yes and he immediately congratulated me and shook my hand. We ended up talking for about 25 minutes about various things baby related-- when we found out, when I'm due, if we will find out the gender, what the kids said, etc. It was really nice to have that conversation with him, more as friends than boss/employee. He was and is genuinely happy for Bryan and I. He also said he was relieved, as his first thought was that I was going to tell him I was quitting! :0)

We got the kids Friday night for the weekend and had a full one at that! We enjoyed a quick dinner, then Kyndall and I went to my sister's for her Mary Kay party. The boys played games and we watched a movie when we got home. The next day, we celebrated Riley's 6th birthday at The OC pool in Ozark. We had a good time, and then came home for a few hours before heading to Grandma Pattie and Grandpa Steve's. We had planned a "Welcome Home Party" for Bryan, which was a good way to get the family together without any question as to why?! :0) We enjoyed dinner with Pattie and Steve, and then the family started arriving a little before 7pm. We had a plan, which played out perfectly. Once most everyone had arrived, we were in the living area, and Pattie said, "Well, we have an announcement-- John and Karen are engaged!" (John is Bryan's uncle, and they just got engaged a few days ago.) Then after John said a few words, my mom said, "Well, I have a little gift for Bryan to welcome him home from work..." She gave him a gift bag, and he sat down and opened it. Inside was a little green bib that said, "I love Daddy". He said, "Oh yeah! This is great, this will do just fine." Everyone kind of looked around, and one of his aunts said, "Are you?? Is that?" Bryan put the bib by my belly and the kids shouted "Jill's having a baby!!!" Everyone was of course, in shock, and Aunt Jane and Grandma Judy started crying... Then it was hugs all around! My mother in law brought out the adorable baby carriage cake for all to see...


We had a really great time talking about how we got to this point, and sharing the ultrasound pics and the videos. It was a great night!!!

We posted to facebook that night, and had so many fabulous responses!! It was so much fun!! I think it's great to see people's reaction and their faces when they hear the news. I told a few people at work today, but am not really one to "tell all" right away... So it will be interesting to see how long it takes for people to figure it out! :0)

As for the pregnancy, I've had a few bouts with dizziness and feeling faint in the past week. Otherwise, I feel like I am starting to get my energy back, although this time change hasn't helped!! I can really tell my belly is expanding, and comparing my 4 week pic to the 13 week pic is pretty evident!!! Scary!! I know it will change at a rapid rate, but wow, it's taken me by surprise when I compare week to week... Maybe I shouldn't do that!


We are going to go see Catherine this Friday night after I get off work, so Bryan will get to see our little Cheerio in person. We are very excited! It's probably too early to really get a good look if it's a boy or girl-- although I did search 14 week ultrasounds online today, and saw some really evident pictures! Maybe we'll get lucky! If not, then we only have about 4 more weeks to wait. We are planning to have the 3-D ultrasound on April 13. I'll be 17 weeks, and we will be able to take the kids to the appointment, which should be fun. We are anxious and have several votes for "girl". I still have no inclination or preference, but it will sure be nice to know and begin to plan and shop!!!

My next doctor's appointment is April 2. No u/s at that time, but we'll hear the heartbeat again. The kids were able to hear it at home this weekend-- they agree, it sounds like a washing machine. :0)

Well, this post has gotten quite lengthy, but we had a lot to share!! Sigh of relief that it's no longer a secret and I can stop sucking in my belly! ha ha!

More to come after Friday's ultrasound...

Love to all.

3 comments:

  1. I just LOVE seeing the side pics of you and watching you grow. The pics always make me smile. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post - brought tears to my eyes. I can just see those kids going crazy!!! So happy for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, 2nd tri already, you have got to be kidding me!! Time sure flies doesn't it! Enjoy every moment because it goes by way too quick. I can't believe I'm almost to the 3rd tri already! Loved reading your update, parts of it brought happy tears to my eyes. You are a lucky girl, no one threw me a party or made me a cake even after what it took to get there. Your belly is sooooo cute!!! Just wait, it will take off growing fast. Hooray for letting the cat out of the bag!!! Party preggo girl! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete