Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

June 14, 2010

26 weeks

How do these weeks keep going by so quickly??? I posted late last week, so it seems as though the time in between has flown by...

Not a lot to report after such an eventful weekend last weekend. We are getting into the swing of ball games and barbecues, and time with family and friends. I do love that about summer, but the heat is going to be a doozy this year! We are so fortunate to have air conditioning (although we've spent $250 in the past 2 weeks getting the upstairs unit running properly this year!), and are lucky to have a neighborhood pool close by, too. I really shouldn't complain.

We went to Busiek State Park this weekend with Jenn and her family, and it was hot! BUT, the creek is clear and cold, so the kiddos had a fun time playing in the water. I stayed in the shade for most of the day... and commented that this will be the summer of a pasty-white Jill! I can't stand to be in the direct sun/heat for too terribly long before I start feeling nauseated or lightheaded. If I'm in the water, it's fine, but boy, this Missouri humidity can be a killer! :0) Here are a few pics of the kiddos at the creek:


And one of me:
In baby news, Colton continues to get bigger, thus I am getting bigger! He is really active and I've been able to tell when he's had the hiccups a few times. He should be around 2 pounds now, and around 14 inches from head to toe. He is still getting used to Daddy's voice, and sometimes will stop moving just to spite him! I know that happens to a lot of mom's-- they tell someone, "come here quick and feel this", only to have baby halt all movement when someone puts their hand on the bump! Soon, there will be no mistaking the visible movement, although I am usually the only one to catch it as of late.

We haven't done a lot of shopping to date, other than stuff for Colton's room, and that is still the case... However, we did purchase his carseat this past week, and ordered a rocker/recliner for his room, too. The carseat is the number one rated seat on Consumer Reports, and is well rated and liked in the books I'm reading-- the Chicco Keyfit 30. We found it on eBay for $99, as opposed to $179.99 at Target or BabiesRUs!! I couldn't, in good conscience, register for something so expensive when I knew I could get it at a big discount... So, we are pleased with our bargain shopping! The chair we purchased is from Ashley and Mom and Dad are able to get it at a discount, as well, through Direct Buy. We can use it downstairs, too, when Colton doesn't need it any more... or when he needs more room in his room! Here's a pic:


It isn't too terribly big-- I'll be sure to include pics when we get it in his room. :0)

Kyndall and I also picked out scrapbook paper and got the letters for Colton's name for his wall. I am doing a project with those that will be so cute! Got the idea from a preggo friend-- so glad!! I'll post pics of that, too, when I get them done.

Kyndall and I are looking forward to the Carrie Underwood concert tomorrow night! We need to pick out our outfits to wear. It will be a memorable night! Wonder how Colton will respond to the loud music?!?

Here are my belly shots-- growing every day! I feel like I'm getting pretty big!!! We'll see how I feel come September (groan).That's all for now... More to come after my appointment this Friday.

1 comment:

  1. How did I miss this post??? I don't think I got the notification email this time, I just happened to check your blog just to see if there was an update. Love the new background.

    Isn't is so frustrating when you are dying to show someone your moving belly and the little man will go completely still for everyone but you! Happens to me all the time. We must be having mama's boys!

    Love the pics of the kiddos, you have some cute step children!

    I see you got the same car seat as us, you will love it! Great on getting such a good deal on it! Love the rocker-glider and how awesome to be able to get a deal on it as well.

    We also got our wooden letters for the name on the wall at Hobby Lobby. I bet we got the same ones! White with curly curves? We're covering ours in the fabric from the room.

    I saw your Carrie pics on FB and looks like it was a fab concert, I just know Kyndall loved it!

    Yep, that adorable belly of yours is growing and growing! So cute!!!

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete