We did attend Bryan's uncle's wedding on Friday-- it was like a mini-Hood family reunion. It was a nice time to catch up and see many family members who you only see at weddings and funerals! John and Karen had a great turnout for their celebration and the kids had a fun time (and entirely too much cake!!!).
I don't feel like I did much related to baby this last week... Besides rearranging the living room to try to make more space. Our sectional was just that-- sectioning off our living room completely, so we reversed the room and moved the sectional down on the wall to allow for some more space and moved a chaise from the hearth room to the living room. We also moved a different chaise from our bedroom to the hearth room, since Colton's sleeper/bassinet will need a place in our room. It feels like there is more room, but I reminded Bryan, that will be a thing of the past when there is a swing, bouncy seat, boppy pillow, diaper basket, etc. invading the main floor! That's a downside of having the kids' rooms upstairs! Oh well... we still love our house. :0)
I posted last week that my glucose test came back normal-- what a relief. We're making it to the stage where if Colton were to come early, he would have an excellent chance at survival--another relief. He is probably about 2.5 pounds or so, and around 15.5-16 inches in length from head to heel. He moves A LOT, and Bryan and the kids can see my belly morphing throughout the day. He's still a bit shy when it comes to other people feeling him move, but Mom and Bryan both have felt the knees and elbows this past week. He still gets the hiccups at least once a day, which usually is my indication as to what position he's in.
I am getting bigger and bigger... which isn't so bad since we're in the third trimester now. I am starting to read people's faces when they ask either how long I have left or when I'm due... They look at my belly and usually grimace when I say I have til September! HA! I don't know if that's cuz I appear big, or because I have to go through the rest of the summer, with 12 or so weeks to go!?!? Regardless, I am "right on track" according to what I'm reading. Not too many complaints thus far. A little more tired in the evenings and I took a nap on Saturday and Sunday afternoons! Still no swelling, which is good, although I have had RLS (restless leg syndrome) the past few nights. I go to bed and can't keep my legs still-- feels like I could get up and run around the block a few times! I have read that magnesium and iron can help, so may just give my doc's office a call if it persists. 2 weeks til my next appointment. I think my thermostat is starting to change as well... I can handle the cold a/c better and seem to be a little more warm blooded than normal... which for me, means I'm probably right about where most people are temperature wise!
Here are my 28 week belly shots. Bryan and I both went "WHOA" when we looked at them... I guess with clothes on/belly covered, I don't feel THAT big, but this boy is definitely growing!! :0) See for yourself......

Love to all.
Hello, me again! How did I get so far behind on your blog?? You think pregnancy is a time warp, wait till baby is here, you won't even know what day it is!
ReplyDeleteI see you mentioned a boppy pillow. For go the boppy and get the "My Brest Friend" pillow!!!! It is a seriously must have! The boppy slides off you and is curved, so baby slips down into it. You won't be disappointed if you can get the other.
Enjoy every second of Colton moving because that is one part you will really miss. Tyler got the hiccups all the time too, and still does now that he's here.
I remember entering the 3rd and starting to get all the comments. You will constantly get asked when you're due, what you're having and do you have a name. I too became more warm blooded. Kerry and I swapped places, he was always cold and I was always hot, it was so strange.
Belly still cute as ever! No whoa from me yet, wait till the last few weeks and then you'll really be saying whoa!
Lova ya!