Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

June 8, 2010

25 weeks

Here we are, sailing right along... We had a VERY eventful weekend, so that's why this post is a little delayed.

My sister Joy got married on Saturday, so the festivities began on Thursday evening, with family arriving from out of town. Some of her girlfriends, my sister Jenn and cousin E went out Thursday night for a "Girls Night Out". It was a good time with yummy appetizers and desserts--I had a huge plate of strawberry shortcake that all 9 of us girls shared and still didn't finish. :0)~ Friday, us girls went to get pedicures done, and then headed to lunch with our clan. There was around 20 in our party and we went to Lamberts. It was good! We went to Branson that afternoon, to set up for the reception and prepare for rehearsal. Things went very smoothly and the rehearsal was a breeze. We had dinner at Charlie's Steakhouse, which was good, and then I darted home... Bryan had arrived into Springfield at around 5:30pm. His sister picked him up from the airport and took him to his parents' house. They were having a bar-b-q with family and some friends that evening. Well, lo and behold, Rachel tells Bryan on the way to the house that the bar-b-q is to announce her impending arrival!!! She's 10 weeks pregnant!!! They are due towards the end of December. Bryan said he was really happy for them-- she would just have to excuse his lack of outward excitement since he'd been traveling for over 20 hours and was SLEEPY!! :0) Anyway, he stayed until their announcement was made, and then we both headed towards home. We enjoyed a couple of hours by ourselves Friday night before the craziness of the weekend schedule set in on Saturday.

Saturday, Bryan headed to pick up the kids, and I headed to Branson with Joy and her friend Beth. We got ready, had photos, and a beautiful wedding was held at 3pm. We enjoyed the reception, everything went smoothly, and the bride and groom left about 6:30pm. We helped clean up and get gifts and decor loaded up, and were home and to the pool with the kids by 7:30pm!! It was a really great day. Here are just a few pics from the day.




Sunday we spent the afternoon with my family, and Joy and Roger came out to my parents to open their wedding gifts before leaving on their honeymoon on Monday. We enjoyed seeing family that we haven't seen in a few years! It was a great weekend. We spent Sunday evening at the pool, and then I headed back to work Monday morning, while Bryan spent the day with the kids. We went to Mason's ball game last night, and didn't get home until 10:30!! Ball season is going to take it's toll on me, I can tell... between the late games and extreme heat, I will not be sad to see this season come to completion, although it just started!! Oh well-- just being honest. :0)

As far as baby news, not a lot to report! I have been feeling good for the most part... Occasional lethargy, but the heartburn is gone and allergies seem to have subsided for now. We'll see how I fare throughout the summer. I haven't had any issues with swelling as of yet-- I know that's probably a matter of time (and heat!). I'm still having Braxton Hicks contractions occasionally... usually a couple every day. I'm trying to stay well hydrated, but as has been forewarned, the "frequent peeing" comes back the bigger you get!!! I had a few weeks in there where I wasn't in the bathroom every 20 minutes, but those days are getting further apart! ha ha.

Bryan was so excited to see my belly and changing body when he got home. I was pleasantly surprised for him to tell me that while the bump is growing, the rest of me looks about the same! I am hoping to stay that way as long as possible, but again-- the heat and swelling this summer may not be avoidable... I have gained about 19.5 pounds total, and was hoping to stay under 30... but with 15 weeks to go (give or take a week!) that may be a bit unrealistic!! :0( My doc hasn't said a peep about my weight gain, so I am just continuing to eat healthy for the most part.
Bryan was also thrilled to see Colton's room. We still have a few things to do in there (blinds, hang curtains, get a chair), but it looks like a cute little nursery! Bry has also felt Colton move a LOT, and is amazed at how hard my stomach gets during those BH contractions (or Tony Braxton Hicks, as he calls them). We are starting to feel body parts-- like elbows, feet or knees, besides the kicks and punches. It's a strange and new, but completely awesome feeling. I glanced down at my stomach yesterday, and it was completely lopsided! Kind of cute in a weird sort of way. He eventually moved and my belly went back to being round... And no, my belly button hasn't completely popped out yet, although any day I suspect it will!

Here are a couple of belly pics from Sunday. Seeing my toes while standing is becoming a thing of the past, but I am proud to say that I can still bend over, straight-legged and touch the floor. Bryan made fun of me for the way I squatted to pick something up the other day, and I said, well, you try to bend over with a soccer ball tucked in your belt! He then leans over and touches the floor, so of course, I had to prove I could too! Not for long, though, not for long. :0)


We are staying busy and adjusting to life having Daddy home. It's great to have my partner and best friend back, especially with the MANY events that are happening this summer! We are looking forward to a quick 4 day trip to St. Louis this July with the kids, and as of now, I have 3 baby showers planned within one week of each other this August! Guess that will help me in getting prepared, all at once! I'm blessed to have wonderful friends, family and co-workers who love our baby already and want to celebrate with us!!

My next doctor's appointment is June 18, and I'll have my glucose test that day as well. So, another week of fairly boring/tame before we start with the every 2 week appointments. Wow... We're almost into the double digits, instead of triple!!!! Everyone is right-- this pregnancy thing DOES fly by!!!

Love to all.

1 comment:

  1. You're looking beautiful my dear! So glad to hear everything is going perfectly!

    ReplyDelete