We are doing well. Colton is getting into a routine or schedule and fortunately for me-- I'm learning it! He is sleeping pretty well-- still around 2-4 hours at a time. He nurses better at night than he was, and then goes right back to sleep. We wake up late these days-- I can't remember the last time I slept til 9am before baby! Of course, I didn't usually wake up 3-4 times a night either. We get up and Colton is usually awake and pretty happy for about an hour or two. We usually give him a bath in the morning. He eats and gets pretty sleepy by mid to late morning and sleeps for another hour or so. He has been more awake and alert over lunch time and early afternoon as of late. He takes a longer afternoon nap and then is usually awake for another hour to hour and a half. He sleeps most of the evening, with another hour or so awake sometime in there. He's got a tiny little timer in his tummy, and he is ready to eat every 2-2.5 hours! It's funny how that works. :0) I think he probably weighs around 10-10.5 pounds now. His next appointment is at 8 weeks so we'll get the official weight then.
Colton has started finding his voice and interacting with me and whoever is around. It's sooo sweet!! He gives me smiles now, and sounds like he wants to tell you something important with all his squawks, squeaks, squeals, coos and gurgles. I could listen to him all day!! And I do... Here is a link to a video I took today (he's 6 weeks, 2 days) of him talking.
http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/8466/cimg0133.mp4
How could you not LOVE that??
We have had several outings-- we've visited a few more stores, restaurants and have been back to Grammy and Papa's, and Grandma and Grandpa's. Aunt Joy watched Colton one night so Mommy and Daddy could go on a date. We went to dinner and got Andy's afterward. It was nice to get away even though we thought about and talked about Colton much of the night! Colton did well with his first experience having mom's milk from a bottle. He took it just fine! Whew.
We also went to Kyndall's last volleyball game.
Here is a picture of Riley holding Colton at the game. 

We went to Aunt Rachel's baby shower this past Saturday. Colton was ooohed and aaahed over most of the afternoon, and fortunately, he was in a pretty good mood! He was held by lots of aunts and relatives. It was fun and great to see so many of the Hoods and Aunt Tricia and Kate from CA.
We were lucky enough to have my dear friend, Lori from Minneapolis, come to visit last weekend. She planned to come see us as soon as he was born, so we've been looking forward to her visit! We enjoyed hanging with the lil' guy, as well as doing some family events, like Mason's last Mighty Mites football game. We got in some shopping, eating out, and nursing in a parking lot or two! ha. It was wonderful to have her here and get caught up! I know she missed her kiddos, but we sure had a great time together.
Daddy got packed up and left for work this past Saturday. It was really hard for him to go since he's been home for 4 months. It's always hard to leave, but especially this time. We are so thankful for Skype, so we can see each other and he can see and talk to Colton while he's away. It won't be as if he doesn't see him grow, and hopefully Colton won't be scared of him by the time he gets back! Daddy made it to work in Afghanistan and we are now counting down the days... 49 days til he gets back! He'll get home on Dec. 15. We are getting into our groove, just Mommy and Colton. We look forward to seeing Daddy on the computer!
Here is Daddy giving Colton a bottle before he left for work.
I'm doing pretty well. I had my 6 week check up last week and my doc complimented me again on such a fast, easy delivery! He was impressed. :0) He also liked our birth announcement and the pics we took of he and Colton will go on his bulletin board. All was "back to normal" besides my weight! I have about 15 pounds to go. Hoping I can get that off by the time Daddy gets home... Might be unrealistic with the upcoming holidays!
I am looking forward to having the big kids this weekend. We hope to do some fall activities since it's Halloween weekend. Then the first weekend in Nov. I'm taking lil' man to Nebraska with Mom and Dad. We're looking forward to seeing lots of friends and family while we're there. I'm hoping and praying Colton does well in the car!!!
Guess that's all for now! More to come in a week or two.
Love to all.


In the "smiley boy" picture... he looks just like Riley. I think it's the full cheeks and jowls... just like Boo had when she was a baby!
ReplyDeleteOMG....He's sooo adorable!! I can't believe he's 6 weeks old already! Time flies and everything sorta runs together thanks to the sleep deprivation!!
ReplyDeleteMiss You!
Lins
Sooo cute!!! Wow, he's holding his head up and smiling early!
ReplyDeleteThat has to be soooo hard to have Bryan gone for so long, so sad!
Love reading your updates, they always take me through memory lane.
Love ya!
Jill