Honestly, there's not a lot of excitement to report on in our world. Colton has had some set backs with his sleeping routine, which I am attributing to 2 colds in the past month! We both got a sinus cold/stuffiness right around Christmas. Colton had been doing pretty well with going to bed in his co-sleeper without too much of a fuss. But being sick, he was clingy, crying a lot and basically needed consoling a LOT more than usual. It was a long couple of weeks. He seemed to be doing better, at night especially. Well... this week, yet another bug has visited our house-- the big kids got strep last week, Bryan started to develop bronchitis, and Colton and I picked up some of their symptoms. He is rattly, coughs a bit and his voice is hoarse. I've got the sinus pressure, congestion/runny nose and sneezing. Neither of us have run a fever which is good, but are just not up to par. So, again with the trouble sleeping! I know Colton can't breathe as well when he's laying flat, and he's just been generally more clingy again. I can't say that I blame him.
We did transition to his crib/bedroom-- kind of by default. Our furnace ignitor went out last Monday, so Bryan, Colton and I slept upstairs (there's a separate furnace up there). He had slept in his crib for naps, but hadn't been up there all night. I said I would wait until he wasn't getting up in the night to eat, but thought this was as good of time as any to make the move. I put all his clothes that had been piled up on our dresser back in his dresser and closet, took down the co-sleeper (sniff sniff!) and he's been sleeping upstairs since! Some days are better than others-- we do our sleepy time routine: turn on the sound machine, rock for a minute or two, then into the crib he goes... sometimes with a fuss and sometimes without! Seems like he goes down at bedtime easier than naps... I'm wondering if it's because he's so tired at night or if it's because it's nice and dark in his room. He doesn't nap for long periods of time throughout the day and I've tried everything I can to get him to sleep longer. He usually wakes after 30-40 minutes. Today, he slept for nearly an hour and I was wondering if he was still breathing up there!! Hoping that as he gets older he'll sleep longer. He is on a pretty predictable schedule-- getting up between 7-7:30am and and is going to bed between 7:30-8pm. He has a 3-4 hour long rotation starting with eating, to play time then nap, repeat. If I could just get him to lengthen those naps, we would be in business!
Night night, from my crib!
Colton has experienced a few new things in the past couple of weeks. We got his new stroller put together that he got for Christmas, and he likes to ride around. We have a nice little path around the house that he's enjoyed, but it's been too cold/snowy to be out and about outdoors. We haven't been out all that much due to the sicknesses going around and just being generally hermit-like. :0)
Check out my new ride!
We also put together his highchair that he got for Christmas and he sat at the table with us for dinner tonight! He usually joins us, but is almost always on my lap. Now he's got his own seat at the table, at the same height as everyone else. He seemed to enjoy it tonight-- at least for a little while! He still has a few weeks (at least 5-6) before we'll start any solid foods, but now he can get used to dinner time with us.
Colton is as drooly as ever, and continues to put EVERYTHING in his mouth. His hands are usually wet and cold, along with his bib and sometimes the upper half of his clothing! He is starting to show some 'tude on occasion-- he will let you know when he wants to be picked up or played with. He also gets frustrated with a couple of his toys-- they are too big to get to his mouth and he'll reach for them and try to pick them up and when that doesn't work, he gets mad. I think I'll just keep these toys out of reach until a little later as to alleviate his frustration! :0) He is working hard to roll from his back to tummy. He'll get those legs up, roll to his side and then doesn't know what to do with his arms! It's only a matter of time and he'll be rolling all over the place. He LOVES to stand up-- on the floor, on your lap, in his jumperoo, etc. He works those roly-poly legs and bounces around. He likes it when people sing to him, play peekaboo, and I even played piano for him last week, which he seemed to enjoy. He likes to read, but mostly tries to grab the book and bring it to his mouth. We moved his swing to the more upright position and put the tray on, so he'll sit in it and swing and play for a while before getting bored. Generally, he's a pretty happy baby! If we can just get well and stay well, then I have no complaints!
Colton has acquired a nickname from his little cousins-- Coco. He really enjoys being around his big sister and brothers and his cousins, too. After a few days of hanging with only Momma and Daddy, he's all smiles for aunts/uncles, grandmas/grandpas, cousins and his brothers and sister.
Here are a few pics from the past 3 weeks or so. He is getting more hair on top, although it's still pretty blond!
Playing with cousin Ian
Checking out the view from the bumbo on top the kitchen table
I LOVE my feet! I can put them in my mouth!!
Hey there, check out my cool suspenders and tie!
Whaz up, homie??
Happy bebe
Am I cute or what??
Mmmmm, have you tried these things??
I can float on my belly!
We don't have another doctor's appointment until 6 months. We'll be guesstimating his weight until then.... I'm betting he's right around 15 pounds now. He's getting a little easier to carry since he sits up more on his own, and loves riding around in the baby bjorn carrier. Nice for Mommy so she can have 2 hands free for part of the day! :0)
Guess that's about it for now. Hopefully we'll have some exciting things to share again in a few weeks!
Love to all!
No comments:
Post a Comment