Friday, I had my monthly OB appointment. It was another "quickie appointment", as I call them-- since I saw the doc for about 60 seconds... the nurse practitioner was very nice and we listened to Colton's heartbeat (153 bpm). He was kicking while we listened, and made some static on the doppler! Kind of cute-- like he knew we were listening for him. I had the typical weigh in and had gained about 5 pounds since the last appointment a month ago. Blood pressure was good-- 101/69. I asked what else I might be able to take for the nearly constant heartburn, and was told that OTC Zantac was fine. I got some Friday night and am so glad to say that I haven't had any heartburn for 2 whole days! How great!! The NP measured my belly for the first time (they start after 20 weeks), and I measured at 22cm. You're supposed to measure close to the number of weeks you are-- so I am right on track. Whew. :0) My next appointment will be in 4 weeks and I'll have to do the 1 hour glucose test that day. I expect it will be fine, but am not too excited about the whole fasting and drinking the nasty sugary liquid... Oh well! Part of it.
I haven't got a lot to report on the baby front... A few of my co-workers mentioned a baby shower the other day-- so it's nice to know that others are thinking of that, too! :0) I hope to have the showers this July or early August so that I'm not too terribly huge and miserable, and we'll still have plenty of time before Colton arrives to determine what we need and return any duplicates... Will be fun!
Here are a few belly pics from today. I stole the "view from the top" picture idea from my dear friend, Jill! This is what I see these days... not much of my feet are in view any longer!!
I'm sure sticking out there now! No hiding this bump. :0)

Well, not a lot else going on! I have a bit easier week at work (I hope) and am looking forward to a long weekend next weekend! No plans for Memorial Day as of yet... Will be nice to just relax and hang out. Hoping my allergies take a hike soon-- it's been a sneezy, snotty, eye-watery weekend! Poor Colton's probably getting jostled around a lot!
Love to all.
You look sooo cute :-) Love that tummy!!!! I had killer heartburn while I was prego. Thank God for antacids!!!
ReplyDeleteLINS
So glad to hear the Zantac cured the heartburn and that all is going perfectly at your ob appts. LOVE all the belly shots, you're definitely growing each week, but with me at 36w, you look sooooo tiny. I can't even remember what it was like to have a small belly anymore. Can't wait for your belly to morph, you're going to totally love it!!! My little guy's movements are now pushing a good 3" out from my belly when he sticks his butt out. Hope your allergies get better soon! Love ya!
ReplyDelete