Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

May 30, 2010

6 months - 24 weeks!

Already to the 6 month milestone!! I looked at my ticker on the side of this blog and was surprised to see only 112 days to go! That still seems like a lot, but when you consider we're 168 days into this journey, these next 16 weeks will probably continue to fly by! I am feeling bigger by the day, and it's showing in my growing belly and the numbers on the scale...

I've been feeling Colton a lot, and am not experiencing too many negative symptoms... Guess they are right about the blissful 2nd trimester! Thankfully the zyrtec I've been taking has helped my allergies some (although they are worse on the weekends!! WHY?!?). I've also been relieved from the terrible heartburn by zantac! These little "z" meds are a lifesaver! I haven't been dealing with carpal tunnel or swelling, yet-- which I keep reading about for this stage. I'm sure the swelling is only a matter of time with the oncoming HEAT and summer!! The sciatica comes and goes, so I appreciate the days that my low back and bum don't hurt... That too, is only a matter of time, I'm afraid... I'll take it though!

We have been preoccupied with the preparations for my sister's wedding this coming weekend. It's been a couple of months since we ordered our dresses and helped to pick out flowers, etc. My mom just finished altering my dress this weekend, so I can actually breathe in it! I could still zip it, but boy did it put a strain on my tummy and the zipper, I'm sure! I'll be sure to post pics next week... this will be one bridesmaids dress I likely won't be able to wear again. :0) Family will begin arriving on Thursday, and I took Friday off from work. So thrilled to have a 3 day work week! Bryan is scheduled to arrive home on Friday night at 5pm. I'll be at the rehearsal/dinner, so Rachel will pick him up from the airport. We'll have the night together before we pick up the kids on Saturday. (Weston has an 8pm ball game Friday night, so it makes more sense to get them Sat.) I spent 2 hours today ironing wedding attire for the fam-- 3 pairs of pants, 3 dress shirts and one dress! So we should be good to go on Saturday. We're really looking forward to a wonderful celebration at Joy and Roger's wedding, and having our family back together-- our immediate family and the extended family.

I feel like I haven't done a lot that's baby related for a few weeks... I haven't been reading near as much as I should be, and need to get going on my registries. I have yet to pick out a few of the bigger items-- most importantly the carseat, which we have to have to take Colton home from the hospital! We need to "test drive" the carseat/stroller combos and see what we like. I have a very good book, "Baby Bargains" which is really helpful with reviews, ratings, etc. I am about 2/3 of the way through the book, so after things slow down a bit (will that really happen?) I can get through it and finish our registries. I had a couple of girls at the office ask when I'd like to have my baby shower-- we are thinking August 8. We're also looking at the calendar for a family/friends shower the following week... Hoping it will work out to have them done at least a month ahead of our due date, so we have time to return duplicates and figure out what we still need! :0) That seems so far off, but I know it will be here in a blink!

Here are this week's belly shots... growing, growing, growing!!!


My next appointment is June 18, and I'll have my glucose test that day. I'll be almost 27 weeks, and I think I'll start going every two weeks around the 30 week mark. I did ask at my last appointment if we'd have another ultrasound towards the end, and was pleased to hear that we will. We got to see our little guy several times in a matter of a month, but now have quite a wait in between! It will be fun to see how big he is when we get closer to our due date.

Well, I'm counting down the days til Daddy is home-- it will be an exciting weekend. I am anxious for Bryan to see me in person and he is anxious too! It's different to see the bump in real life than in pics! I can't wait for him to feel Colton and see him moving all over the place. I felt an arm or hand or foot very distinctly the other day-- it was awesome. I know it will only get more evident and definite as he gets bigger! Such an incredible experience.

That's all for now! I'm worn out from a busy day of ironing, laundry, planting, etc. Have been sitting with my feet up for a while, and I hear my bed calling! Good night all!

1 comment:

  1. 6 months, are you serious! Man time flies! So glad you're having a blissful 2nd tri. Glad to hear the Zantac worked! Enjoy it to the fullest because it gradually ends with the 3rd tri. You should see how swollen I am, I've gained 10 lbs in 11 days! I'm sure most if not all of that is fluid retention. Yep, that cute belly of yours is growing! But I still don't see where you're putting on that extra weight. Have a great night! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete