As I passed into week 33, I also passed into year 33-- of my existence, that is! I celebrated my 33rd birthday on Saturday. The kids were with their mom for the weekend, so it was just Bryan and I on Saturday. He gave me a card that morning, which informed me that I had a spa appointment at 10am. Then he'd made dinner reservations for us at my favorite restaurant, Gilardi's, that evening. I went to the spa and enjoyed an hour long prenatal massage, and then an awesome (and almost 3 hour) manicure and pedicure! They really worked me over, and I enjoyed some lunch while getting my toes done, as well. It was quite a pampering experience. When I was finished, I headed home, took a shower (you get pretty greasy from all that massage lotion!) and we got ready for dinner. We went to Target beforehand, to peruse the maternity section for a few items I wanted to take to the hospital with me (with no success). Then we went to dinner. Here are a few pics prior to dinner.
Since most of our family was out of town Saturday (Mom, my in-laws, Joy), we opted to do dinner on Sunday for my b-day. We got together with Jenn & Rob's clan and Mom for dinner at Primas. It was yummy, but the heartburn set in that night! Note to self: no more jalepenos til after this boy is here. We ended the evening at Jenn & Rob's house and enjoyed cake and icecream, and of course, presents. :0) It was a wonderful and relaxing weekend! Not a bad way to turn 33!
This week has been uneventful in the baby department. Colton is moving around like crazy, and I can definitely tell his waking/sleeping patterns more distinctly. He is probably around the 4-4.5 pound range and likely about 17-17.5 inches. According to the ticker, he's the size of a honeydew melon! I'm proud to say I only gained 1/2 a pound this past week... but know that I will likely make up for that in weeks to come. I'm trying to be good, but this lil' man is gaining around 1/2 a pound per week now, so it's inevitable that I go right up with him... Oh well. We don't have our next appointment until Aug 13. Since I'll be almost 35 weeks, I think the doc will check for any dilation and effacement at that visit. Then I'll start going once per week. Finally, we're nearing the end!! Which is good, as the sciatica has kicked back in a bit, and I'm up a LOT more during the night to pee!! I know I'm just getting prepared for the sleep schedule of a newborn...
Here are the belly pics for week 33:

I've been doing a lot of reading on breastfeeding, and have contacted our insurance with a few questions, too. We've scheduled the all-important epidural interview for the same day as my OB appointment, so no matter when I go into labor, I'm ready for the epi! I have a few more things on my to-do list, like getting our carpets cleaned and having maternity pics taken. These things will come in the next 3-4 weeks if possible.
With 3 baby showers in the next 8 days, I have an inkling that I'll feel somewhat more prepared for Colton's arrival by the next update. My sisters and Mom are hosting my "friends shower" this Saturday morning. I am looking forward to seeing several of my friends who I haven't seen in quite a while, as well as some former co-workers who I usually see only through Facebook. It will be like a mini-reunion! Then, on Sunday, my co-workers are giving me a shower. Another fun day, for sure! Then, last but certainly not least, Auntie Gayle is hosting our "family shower" for the entire family (ladies, gentlemen and kids alike) on Tuesday, the 10th. I know I've said it before, but we are sure BLESSED with some great friends, family and co-workers!! I know Colton's closet will be WELL stocked, which is good as there's not too terribly much in there right now! We have a lot on the "need" list, but hopefully will get to check off a bit after the weekend. :0)
The kiddos came back Monday night, and the boys are attending VBS at our church every night this week. They seemed to have a good time last night and I know Kyndall is enjoying the nights at home to herself. :0) Never a bad thing to have some one on one time... She's looking forward to coming to the showers with me this weekend, too.
That's about it for now... I'm sure I'll have lots more to report, and pics to share next week.
Love to all.
Oh wow, happy 33rd bday!!!! I think you already have the present you really want, but you just can't open it yet! =) Sounds like you had a fabulous bday. I'm so jealous of the spa treatment, oh how I could use one of those!
ReplyDeleteLove the black maternity dress, very flattering. And the belly, it's really growing missy! So cute!
We have that type of serve yourself frozen yogurt joint that just opened here! But it's called Menchies. We love it! One night I sent Kerry out to get us some and I told him to surprise me with the flavors. He got carried away and our 2 cups of yogurt ended up costing $15!!!! The flavors even sound the same as yours.
Sounds like you have some exciting events coming up! It's crunch time now! Get everything done now because you seriously won't have time after baby is here. =)
Love ya!