Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

August 27, 2010

37 weeks

Well, we are now considered FULL TERM!!! If Colton decided to come now, they wouldn't try to stop or prevent labor. He's just about done baking!! We are getting really excited and anxious. Especially after my doctor's appointment on Friday! I hate to say it, but seems like Dr. Ting is getting my hopes up for an early delivery... How early, we don't know, but he said at last week and this week's visit that I wouldn't make it to our due date. I've been having contractions off and on all week again, but I still don't know if these are what real contractions start out like, or if they are still BH contractions.

Anyway, last week, I was at 1cm dilated and starting to efface,so I was again anxious to see if there had been any progress made since a week ago. Of course, they started with the regular vitals, which BP was good at 112/78. Dr. Ting came in and measured my belly, and listened to Colton's heartbeat, but he didn't give us the numbers on that. I guess I was too anxious to find out if there was any more progress that I forgot to ask. He checked me again and said I was at at least 2cm, maybe a little more, and around 60% effaced. He said "that's really good progress!" He also said that Colton's head is already low, and then he asked me if my sisters delivered fast. I said Joy was induced, but he asked about the pushing part-- I said, she pushed for maybe an hour... I couldn't really remember with Jenn, I just know she didn't have time for an epidural with Hayden! He said, I think this baby will come fast. I said that was just fine by me! He said, "Baby will come soon... with this progress you won't go til your due date." He said, "you could go into labor tonight or this weekend or next week.... " He asked, "Are you ready?" I said, "yep, we're ready!" He seemed surprised at that, but we really are... We got Colton's bassinet/co-sleeper set up in our room and installed the car seat in my car last week. We really have most things prepared for a newborn (still have to get later items like high chair and stroller when he outgrows infant seat), so we're just in need of the BABY!! We made an appointment for next Friday, and Bryan commented, if we don't see you before that! Who knows... I did get some Ambien from the doc to help me sleep. I've just taken a half a pill and it seems to help to get me to sleep, which is when I have restless legs something terrible.

Yesterday (Sat), I had so many contractions I wondered if this was it. But today has been less, so we think he's going to stay put a little while longer. We went to the pool today, took a walk and I'm going to ask Bryan to work on my ankles (pressure points!)... I got a massage yesterday which was awesome, so maybe that's why I had so many contractions. I know he'll come when he's ready... I am just ready to be done with pregnancy, done with work and to have our little guy in our arms. :0)

There's not a lot to report on since we have been taking it easy as of late. I didn't have any plans for this weekend other than my massage... but apparently that nesting instinct kicked in yesterday. We decided a week or so ago to replace the (ugly, old-school) gold knobs on our kitchen cabinets. One day last week, Bryan changed all of them out, ridding our home of the last of the 90s gold (except the chandelier in our entryway). The only problem was the base of the new knobs were slightly smaller than the old and there was a ring of dirt/grime around the new knobs. I decided it would be a good idea to just scrub around the knobs with a toothbrush/softscrub, and remove the dirt. Well, seeing that we have white cabinets, you can't start scrubbing and just do around the knobs... So, what would've been an hour project, turned into me working on the cabinets for about 3 hours. But, let me say, they look GREAT!! Sparkling clean!! Then of course, I had to clean the spots off the floor that I saw as I was sitting on it, and then wiped down the white trim in the back hall/garage entry. I was pooped when I got done, but it sure feels good to have a nice clean looking kitchen... at least for a few weeks. :0) We also got our carpets cleaned last week, and have instituted the "remove your shoes" policy, since Colton will be laying, crawling on and rolling around the floor soon enough!!

In big kid news, our kiddos are getting ready to start fall sports-- Kyndall is starting volleyball, Mason is back into Mighty Mites football and Weston is going to play soccer this fall. It will make for a busy few months, but I know they will enjoy it. Once again, we'll be burning up the road to Buffalo, or wherever their games are held. They are enjoying the new school year thus far... We'll see how long it lasts! Probably 'til the first big homework project. ha.

Here are this week's belly pics. Dad says I look like I'm going to pop, and sometimes, I feel like I might!




I've also videoed my belly, trying to show Colton moving around, and usually whenever I grab the camera, he stops. Well, a few nights ago, he was really moving and I got it! Here's the link to the video of what appears to be an alien living in my belly:
http://img194.imageshack.us/img19l4/4029/mvi9135.mp4

Well, until another week has passed or we have a baby, that's all folks!

Love to all.

1 comment:

  1. Wahoo for full term! Gosh, your little guy will be in your arms soon! I can tell you (now in hindsight) the difference between BHs and real contractions, at least how it was for me. BHs were pain-free tightenings in the upper ab and only in the front. Real contractions started in the front and radiated to the back, and were lower. Not sure if that's how it will be for you, but for me they were different. Considering you're dilating, maybe yours are real contractions. 2cm, that's great, maybe you won't get stuck with an uncooperating cervix like I did. Sounds like you definitely have things moving in your favor and will likely have an easier delivery than I. Have you been doing your perineum massage???

    I saw the pic of you cleaning the cabinets with a toothbrush on FB, way too funny!!! Isn't the nesting instinct great! Ask Bryan if there's anything else he'd like cleaned before you give birth, because after baby is here, that instinct turns to extinct! We have a no shoes on carpet rule and I do not regret it for one min. Our carpet still looks almost new after 6-7 yrs. The only downside is the pain of having to ask guests to remove their shoes.

    Loving the belly! You're 4 lbs from my ending weight and 1 lb away from my total pg weight gain... looks like we're neck in neck! Wow, that was sooooo cool getting to see your belly move!!! Great video capture! That is the one thing I miss most from being pg! Enjoy that moving belly as it will be gone soon!

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete