Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

August 9, 2010

34 weeks

We are down to 42 days!! 6 weeks!! Wow! We had a busy weekend, which actually helped us prepare for Colton's arrival. We had 2 showers this weekend-- Saturday with friends hosted by my mom and sisters, and Sunday with my co-workers. It was great! I had such a wonderful time seeing friends I hadn't seen in a while, and of course, eating yummy food while we chatted and caught up! The gifts were amazing, too!! We got many things from our registries, and a TON of adorable clothes for Colton, as well. Here are a few pics from both days:
Saturday:




The infamous diaper game...




The 3 preggos-- Traci (13 wks), Jill (34 weeks), Joy (8 weeks)

Holy cow- look at all the goods!

Sunday:

Dianna, Krista, Jill, Helen & Debbie

Even more goods!!!

We have a family shower this Tuesday, even the guys and the kiddos are invited! Bryan's Auntie Gayle is hosting it for us. We are really excited, and the boys are even anxious to go. :)
I'll post pics of that shower this week or this next weekend.

In baby news, Colton continues to grow at rapid pace (as can be seen by my growing belly). I'm really sticking out there now and am starting to get a little uncomfortable. My legs usually ache by the end of the night, and my sciatic nerve has been giving me trouble, too. I am experiencing a little more frequent heartburn in the evenings. But, overall, I am still doing well. Especially considering how HOT it's been!!! It's been in the 90s for the past few weeks-- we may have had one day in the 80s. I think today it was 95 with a heat index of well over 100. WHEW. I am really looking forward to fall, not only to have our little munchkin here, but for cooler weather-- jeans, sweaters, blanket weather!!! We always want the next season to come a little quicker... I am certainly in that boat this summer!

Here are my belly pics for week 34:



He's really sticking out there! He's between 4.5-4.75 pounds, and is around 18" in length. He is able to breathe on his own now (if he were born early), and his immune system is getting equipped to work on its own, too. He's gaining more fat each week-- around 6-8 ounces a week! He definitely has more of a sleeping pattern, and is very active at times, and sleeps for 30-45 minutes at a time. He gets the hiccups at LEAST once a day, if not more. I'll be interested to see if he gets them a lot as a newborn. We are all getting anxious for his arrival!

I have my next doctors appointment this Friday, the 13th, as well as my epidural interview at the hospital. It's nice to know we'll be prepared whenever he decides to come. We may go one more appointment with my OB with 2 weeks in between, and then likely will go to once a week. I am hopeful that the doc will check me this week to see if there is any "progress" or not. I know it's less likely as a first time mom to be dilating or effacing this early, but who knows... I hope we find out when they will do the next ultrasound to check Colton's size and fluid levels. Those things will let us know if we're right on track or could expect to go early/late. I wouldn't mind a little early. ; )

My sister, Joy is going to be my replacement during maternity leave, so she came in today to begin training. She will come in a couple of days a week for the next few weeks to learn the ropes and go over things that only happen on a monthly basis. I will be relieved when this week is over, as we are hosting a dinner for 300 people this Wednesday! My last BIG project that I'm involved in prior to maternity leave... It will be nice to know I have a very capable person filling my seat while I'm gone.

Well, it seems like there should be more to report, but I think that's all for now. More updates in just a week!

Love to all.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you hit the jackpot on the baby showers, you go girl! I think it's so cool how we Jills ended up with boys and a blue/choc/giraffe theme! Too funny!

    Wow girl, that belly really popped out this week!!!! I remember the end, I seemed to get bigger by the day! You just wait till the end, you'll be shocked at how much bigger you get. Still cute as ever!

    Love ya!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete