We had our family shower last Tuesday night at Auntie Gayle and Joe's house. It was a wonderful evening. We had fun catching up with family, and had delicious food and yummy cake! We received several things that we registered for-- the Diaper Genie II, a Moby wrap, a changing pad for his dresser, to name a few, and several other things we weren't registered for. It was such a nice shower, and we had a good time! Here are some pics from the evening:
In other news, we had a BIG dinner to host at work last Wednesday, so I am THRILLED to have that behind me. We had the General Presbyters to our warehouse for a barbecue dinner. There were 300 who rsvp'd but only about 170 showed up!!! So, needless to say, we had left over food out the wazoo. We had the dinner in our warehouse, which was only about 85 degrees!! It went smoothly, and I got home that night about 9pm. My bosses told me to take Thursday off, but I really had stuff to do-- and my sister Joy (who is going to fill in for my maternity leave), was coming in to train. SO, I said I'd be more than happy to take Friday off instead, which was fine. :0)
We had the kids through Thursday last week, and then they went back to their mom's for the weekend and this week. They start school this Thursday, and we'll have them back for the weekend. We're anxious to hear how their first day goes! Kyndall is participating in a babysitting class at Cox South this weekend-- she's pretty excited and can't wait to start babysitting to earn a little spending money. I saw the class online when looking at the birthing/baby classes they offer. Hopefully it will be great for her.
This weekend was BUSY, and a whirlwind! We had my regular OB appointment at 11:45 on Friday-- another quickie as the doc was gone... All was good there... BP was 110/76. Colton's heart rate was between 125-130. I was 34 weeks 5 days, and was measuring at 34 cm-- so right on track. I go to weekly appointments now, and he'll check me for any progress this Friday. We were in and and out of there, and had some lunch, then went to my epidural interview at the hospital, so I am ready to go when the time comes! We had to watch a video, answer health questions and met the anesthesiologist. It was pretty painless-- although the epi doesn't look too fun! Yikes! Good thing they do it in your back or I'd be big trouble. :0~ Then we visited a few stores and ended up meeting Bryan's parents at the movies at 4pm for "The Expendables". Bryan said he needed a testosterone dump after all the baby stuff! ha ha. I fell asleep at one point, even with all the shooting!
Saturday started off no different than most... I got up at a decent time and planned to go to Walmart before the crowds. We were out of milk, amongst many other things, but Bryan said he'd run up to the gas station to get a gallon so I could eat some cereal before I went to the store. I told him, no-- I'd just get it at the store, and he didn't need to go up there (the gas station is right up the hill from our house). Well, he decided to go anyway, and I got ready to leave. He usually just jumps on his 4wheeler and cuts through a field to get to the gas station, which is what he did Sat. He comes in as I'm getting ready to leave for the store and I see him kneel with his back to me to take his shoes off. I was like, why is he doing it that way? I asked if he was going to the store with me-- I was ready to go... He said, well, I'm glad you're ready because I think I need to go to the emergency room. Pretty sure I broke my wrist. I was like, WHAT?!?!?? Long story short, he was being a BIG KID, and jumped a hill in the field on the way to the gas station... Well, he got a LOT of air, and came down on the front of the 4wheeler and heard a crunch in his left hand/wrist. So... he stopped, got the bag that fell off the back of his 4wheeler and was going to "continue on with the mission"... But then he started feeling like he was going to pass out or throw up, so he came home. We opted to go to urgent care in Springfield (the one in Nixa wasn't open yet-- it was 8:20am). They got him in pretty quick. He was in a lot of pain, but kept a good attitude-- I think he was laughing to mask the "I want to cry" feeling! We finally got out of there about 10:45 am. They took an x-ray and it wasn't his wrist as he first thought-- it was a bone in his hand that appeared fractured. His hand and fingers were pretty swollen. They put it in a splint and are referring him to an orthopedist, who was supposed to call today (nope, didn't call!). That was the fun we had Saturday morning!!!
After a trip to Walmart, I came home to start working on organizing all of the baby items we got at our various showers. I spent the rest of Saturday doing laundry--mostly washing baby stuff! I washed 5-6 loads of baby clothes, blankets, sheets, towels, etc. And then with my laundry and our towels and sheets, add another 3-4 loads! I was laundry queen this weekend. I also got online and ordered several things that we hadn't gotten from our registry-- our co-sleeper/bassinet, bathtub/foam thingy, my breastfeeding pillow, a couple of sheets for the co-sleeper, etc. Fortunately, a lot of it I was able to get with gift cards. We laid low Saturday night. On Sunday, I continued with laundry and got all of Colton's clothes/bedding put away in his room. I also wrote out about 40 thank you notes, and paid bills. I made another quick trip to Walmart to get more baby hangers, and another laundry basket, and also to TJ Maxx and Marshalls to look for a robe to take to the hospital. I got my hospital bag out of the closet, but so far it only has 2 things in it. :0) Making progress!
Here are this week's belly pics. I got a comment at work today, "Wow, I think you're bigger than last week! Do you think you'll make it to your due date??" So, apparently I'm looking pretty huge... I do feel like I'm growing by the day, but seriously-- who says that?? :0~
At my appointment this Friday, we'll find out if there is anything going on, and the next ultrasound will be at 37 weeks to see how big Colton is and check the fluid levels. According to what I'm reading, he's around 5 pounds and around 18 inches in length. Guess we'll see how accurate these estimates are soon enough!
We have a tame week ahead, with Forrister's birthday party being the only thing on the agenda. Kind of nice, after a very busy past week. It's nice to have a few nights at home with my cripple, I mean, hubby. :0)
More to come next week!
Love to all.

Looks like you had another fabulous shower! Hope you get everything you need. I remember running around doing a million loads of laundry and having to run out to get more baby hangers.
ReplyDeleteDon't fret about the epidural, it's a piece of cake. I just hope yours works!
OMGosh, I hope Bryan is doing ok, that sounds painful!
Loving that big belly of yours!
Love
Jill