Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

August 20, 2010

36 weeks - 9 months!!

Wow! We are 9 months pregnant and entering the HOME STRETCH!! It was a fairly uninteresting week last week... done with baby showers, most of the laundry done, bassinet ready, and the most exciting thing was coming home to check the porch for any of the items I ordered online! But, I'm not complaining... I'm starting to feel pretty worn out by the end of the day, so easy nights with nothing on the agenda is just plain nice. :0)

I had my weekly doctor visit on Friday, and was anxious to hear what he had to say... The nurse did the typical BP and weight check first. BP is still good at 120/82. The PA came in next and measured my belly (36cm- right on track), and we listened to Colton's heartbeat. It was good-- 137 bpm. She commented that it would continue to go down slightly the closer we get to delivery. Next she did the test for Group B Strep. Basically, group B strep is harmless in adults and 30-45% of women have this without any kind of sign or symptom, but if it is transferred to the baby during delivery, it can affect the infant immensely (meningitis being the main thing). So, if you do have group B strep, you just get IV antibiotics during labor. She said it takes a few weeks to get results back, so I assume we'll hear something by next week.

Dr. Ting came in next and did an exam to see if there was any progress down south. I was pleasantly surprised when he said that I was already dilated to 1cm and had started to efface. He said my cervix is soft, which is good, and his words were "you're not going to make it to your due date"! We talked about several things, such as calling him when I go to the hospital, the chances of him delivering the baby (which are very good-- unlike many OBGYN offices, where you get whomever is on call), the possibility of induction (which is not my preference), and other various questions. We told him we are pre-registered at the hospital and have already completed our epidural interview, and so all we're waiting on is the baby! He said that if Colton came now, he'd be just fine and he's actually considered full term at 37 weeks! All very exciting, and makes it seem very REAL!!!!

We have another appointment this Friday, the 27th, so I will be interested to see if there is further progress, or if I stay put for a week or two. While I am feeling ready to deliver, we are guessing it will be at least a few more weeks... We're hoping that Colton stays put until Labor Day weekend, as Pattie and Steve (my in-laws) are on a cruise until Sept. 5! There are several things happening at work in the next couple of weeks, too, so I am sure my bosses and Joy are hoping Colton holds out for a few weeks, also. :0)

Besides being tired, I'm having a few more symptoms of the 9th month of pregnancy... I'm a tad bit swollen-- I don't think it's noticeable to look at me, but my rings are a little bit snug. We went to my nephew Forrister's birthday party last week at the mini-golf place here in Nixa, and I could barely get my rings off when we were outside! I was pretty swollen by the time we got home. I am just staying inside as much as possible these days, as it's still pretty HOT-- upper 90s most days. I have a bit more heartburn in the evenings, and some leg pains/fatigue by the end of the day. I haven't really felt that he has moved down any yet, but am anxious for him to do that so I can breathe a little better! :0) I feel like my muscles and belly are going to burst some days!! Colton is still very active, although I don't know how with so little room to move. My belly is a constant source of entertainment, and Joy is getting a kick out of watching or feeling him move when we're training at the office. He rolls around like he owns the place! He still gets the hiccups every day at least once.

Here are my belly pics for the week... Getting nice, big and ROUND!




We are going to get maternity pics taken tomorrow night... Just a few with Bryan and I, and some of us with the kids. We are getting a free session with our photographer when we purchase a baby package. We'll get Colton's newborn pics done just a week or two after he's born (hopefully to get some good shots for his birth announcements), as I know he will change a LOT in those first several days and weeks! Can't wait to see what our little guy will look like.

Well, another somewhat quiet week ahead. The kids are back in school and we will go back to our every other weekend, and Tuesday overnight visits with them... Seems kind of quiet around here after having them for nearly 4 weeks straight at the end of the summer! They are getting anxious for their brother's arrival. It was cute-- Mason said yesterday, "I call holding Colton first when he's born... after Dad and Jill of course... but first of us kids, okay?!" :0)

That's all for now. Love and hugs to all.

1 comment:

  1. Girl, take that ring off and put in on a necklace as you may not be able to get it off soon. Aren't the movements just the best thing ever! Your belly is so stinkin cute, as always. Can't wait to see the maternity pics! We were late with newborn pics, we did them around 4-5 weeks. I get them back soon and will post them. Enjoy your quiet week! Love J

    ReplyDelete